The Communication Cube

Just watched the 2005 DOOM film.

When are sci-fi horror films going to evolve from the idea that spartan, WWII style concrete blocks with next-to-no lighting was ever a good decor for any research project...? Seriously.

Hey, what do you guys think of timeline jumping? I was browsing the NDE subreddit today trying to find a particular story, and I came across someone mentioning a story about a guy who accidentally started a fire that killed his best friend. When he woke up, there was no news of any fire, but he also discovered that his best friend no longer knew who he was, and that other people confirmed they had never met. I’ve seen a few other stories like this, usually suicides, where people wake up unharmed, but with changes to their reality.

I kinda wanna test this out, but it could end badly, right?

Hey, what do you guys think of timeline jumping? I was browsing the NDE subreddit today trying to find a particular story, and I came across someone mentioning a story about a guy who accidentally started a fire that killed his best friend. When he woke up, there was no news of any fire, but he also discovered that his best friend no longer knew who he was, and that other people confirmed they had never met. I’ve seen a few other stories like this, usually suicides, where people wake up unharmed, but with changes to their reality.

I kinda wanna test this out, but it could end badly, right?
Is it really worth the risk trying out on the off-chance that you might not end up killing yourself and/or anyone else in the process...?

Meh, don’t worry guys, I’m not exactly a fan of multiple timelines. Everett originally invented multiple timelines to explain how the act of observation is not special, and by extension, neither is life or consciousness. Basically, he was trying to kill our souls. I do still believe in multiple timelines, because people have observed them, but I also still believe in souls, because people have observed those too. Sandi says multiple timelines exist too, but won’t discuss it much.

You believe everything someone's claiming to have observered? Elvis still alive, aliens with ass probes, pink elephants, Jesus, spontaneous autocombustion, ...

Only when I can’t personally counter it. In Elvis’s case, I saw him die myself three years ago, so those people are full of it.

Tbf quantum mechanics would also suggest that there are parallel universes and multiple timelines created during time travel - just ask Michio Kaku, or John Gribbin :)

Wow, must be some fantastical world you live in.

3e0d2bf713ed4f4faa86f0c501_ciA2NDIDYjgzZGYzNGY4MDA=.jpg

Tbf quantum mechanics would also suggest that there are parallel universes and multiple timelines created during time travel - just ask Michio Kaku, or John Gribbin :)
Not just under time travel circumstances. Any time a quantum probability resolves down to do this or do that, the other possibility sparks a parallel timeline some relatively clever people think. And quantum probabilities resolve down all of the time, every time it rains, or sand in the desert falls. Some even argue that thought is a quantum process, but I think we don't know enough about that yet. The only problem is that all of us are stuck in one parallel timeline and we've not found a provable way to move between them yet.

Last edited:
Meh, what I’m leaning toward, based on what I’ve read, is that new timelines are only created under specific circumstances for special purposes, and not just every time an electron farts.

It’s something that’s still debated by the highest people in the field though. From what I understand, Everett still isn’t that popular, because he nuked string theory, which relies on a wave function collapse happening, which Everett says never happens.

I think Peony may be developing psychic/magic powers. A bottle of fizzy drink was making a noise due to carbon dioxide escaping from it, she told it to shush and it did, which is a miracle in of itself because fizzy drink bottles are usually a law unto themselves. The bottle tried making a noise a few more times but stopped immediately when Peony shushed it. Anyway no need to worry I've already contacted the BSAA.

I suppose all the state needs to do is make sure a free person does not have free time anymore?

Ooh... virtual babysitting... might become a job in the future!

I prefer the traditional methods.

3540850800-9b10456fcc-c.jpg

@Null Is that Nicholas CAGE when he was a baby?
Post automatically merged:

Combine that with the fact Chinese have no weekends (all days are working days)... and USA-eans that have minimal leave-days... and we have the ideal workslave.

Last edited:
Back