The Communication Cube

An old pic of XX% of my Nintendo GameCube collection? Yes.

Whoa.

WHOA.

whoa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's this girl...

I find myself in an odd situation. A girl that I went to school with 10 years ago has suddenly popped back into my life. The story is kinda long, but to cut to the chase:

I like her, she likes me. We have chemistry and we have a few interests in common. However, I know that there's no potential for things to work out between us in any semblance of a long-term relationship. I've basically dated girls just like her before, and it's clear to me that we want different things and would just drive each other crazy in the end.

Normally, I'd not consider this a problem. I'd do what most people suggest and "just have fun" for a while. For some reason, however, I feel my moral stings being tugged upon. I think that my problems are: a.) I've known her for too long to consider her just another romantic interest (in other words, this isn't going to be a "hit it and quit it" thing), b.) She works with one of my best friends, and I don't want to put him in the position of having to hear about what an asshole I am (because he'd probably agree, and I can't have that!), c.) The girl has been through a lot of crap in her life, and I'm not trying to add to that pile.

So, from what I can see, I either tell her that I can't see this working out in the long run and see if she's okay with just having fun (I have a suspicion that she knows this is the case, based upon something she said), or I can just leave it and risk having it blow up in my face like most things tend to go for me.

What would YOU do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha. Marriage is not in the realm of possibility. There's no friend zone here, just some complications that aren't normally present. And seeing as how I'm NOT an unfeeling asshole, I actually could not bring myself to fake feelings for her.

I think what I'll do is to let this play out - without lying about my intentions, but not specifically forcing the issue either.

Fair enough. It'll probably come up the next time we hang out, knowing her. Thanks guys.

Back