The Communication Cube

Since I've rediscovered that I do actually enjoy programming
I try not to judge the intimate relations of other people, and I specially respect love for programming. Your code and you can feel free to K.I.S.S.
But:

• There's no shame in simple.
There is pride in simple.
La perfection est atteinte, non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
When I grow up, I want to be simple (is there a simple pride parade, or is that an oxymoron?)

• Make a program that batch resizes a folder of images.
Some shadow in the back of my mind tells me that already exists, but I don't remember where. Have I seen it in a debian package description somewhere ?

Whe need a wall around the Earth, and the Aliens will pay for it !!

Then a door whit a Pyra to type in a key code:
The key code is a simple DOS Command
mount c / ...
If the Aliens can solve it, they might proven to be worthy ^^

Some shadow in the back of my mind tells me that already exists, but I don't remember where. Have I seen it in a debian package description somewhere ?

I want to create my own as a learning exercise and also for a sense of personal accomplishment. Thanks for trying to put me off though. ;)

Code:
find ~/Pictures -type f -exec convert {} --resize 720x1024\> {}.scaled \;

You might need find which is in findutils in arch, but it's part of the standard image in most linuxes. And convert is the main program in imagemagick, which you probably need to install (but then you can play with converting images to jxl if it's new enough).

Python:
# Import required modules
import os.path
from PIL import Image

# Change working directory
os.chdir(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)))

# Ask user to input filename
img_name = input("Enter image filename: ")

# Resize image preserving aspect ratio
img_res = Image.open(img_name)
img_res.thumbnail((400, 400))
img_res.save("avatar_" + img_name)

Resizes an image in the same directory as the Python script to a size suitable for forum avatar use. Needs both Python and Pillow to be installed.

Edit: Forgot to add I'm releasing this under the CC0 license so feel free to do whatever you want with it. :)

Last edited:
Then a door whit a Pyra to type in a key code:
The key code is a simple DOS Command
mount c / ...
If the Aliens can solve it, they might proven to be worthy ^^

Alien1: Behind this door is water, minerals and food.

Alien2: There seems to be a code on this door, I got some intel that the door opens with the mount command:

C:\Earth\door>mount
'mount' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Alien1: Forget it, let's blast it open with a particle gun

Or they want come down to earth, because they can play PlayStation, N64, DS , Gameboy/Color and Advance, as well as DOS Games whit the Pyra..

I just got done whit the Gameboy Rom Folder, :
First I put all 3 Systems together in on folder, then I sorted everything in folders, like a Folder where only Mario Games are ..
was a lot of work..

I've found a much less labour intensive way to display a passage title in Twine. The way you do it is, create a new passage (title can be anything), add a header tag to it, anything that you enter into the content section of the passage will be automatically displayed at the top of every passage in your story.

Reactions: rSl
I'm a little worried about the NDEs that say you'll remember your "true self" when you get to Heaven. I wanna be the one in Heaven, not my true self. I'll kill that guy. I mean, Sandi had some reassuring things to say about this once, but I don't think it stuck.

More context next time, Null. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't just recognize Richard Stallman by face alone.

Also, his Wikipedia page says he's an anti-natalist, which makes me wanna punch him up a bit.

Back