The Communication Cube

I had a weird dream last night. Don't think anyone was talking to me this time, but I may have talked to them.

Everyone was leaving some building after some announcement, and they were all very happy. I found out why. Basically, President Biden had announced that he wasn't going to let the UK use nuclear weapons on China. This scared me though, because I was pretty sure it meant either the UK or China was going to use nuclear weapons on the US. Well, actually, I'm leaning toward UK, because they seemed confident in his ability to prevent it, but I wasn't.
Very topical...

I'm leaning toward UK,

Don't worry you're completely safe nothing like that is ever going to happen, we highly value our US allies.

In completely unrelated news. The librarian is drinking a cup of tea, the child is painting a fence, the snake is climbing a ladder. This concludes our completely unrelated news broadcast.

On the subject of mugs.

15964997314-767d7b66ac-c.jpg

“It’s only designed for its users to the extent that it can convince people to use the product so that Google can get more data on us.”

Precisely.

Stopped using my Fitbit when Google’s purchase was confirmed as legit. Really hope that one day I’ll be able to flash it with FLOSS firmware and use it again... But I expect that the fully consumer-ready PineTime will arrive long before that.

Reactions: rSl
In completely unrelated news. The librarian is drinking a cup of tea, the child is painting a fence, the snake is climbing a ladder.
Well, that secret code is pretty offensive....

Bash:
CRYPTCODE="the librarian is drinking a cup of tea, the child is painting a fence, the snake is climbing a ladder."
export CRYPTCODE
perl -e '@s=split/ /, $ENV{CRYPTCODE};for(reverse@s){$c=length each%+if s/(?<nul>,)|(?<l>\.)//;print substr $_,--$c?0:-1,1}';echo

I slept from 11 PM to 1:30 AM. I don't remember a darn thing about my dream this time. I do feel relaxed though, which is weird, considering that I don't think my situation has changed. Could just be caffeine boost.
Post automatically merged:

Still waiting to see if the UK announces anything about China. I dunno, I have dreams that come true sometimes. The night before the big Animal Crossing: New Horizons reveal, for instance, I had dreamt that crafting would be a much larger focus and major part of the game. Before that, you had just used crystals to change the color of furniture in New Leaf.

To elaborate further, most of the stuff I've read in near death experiences seems to indicate that the world will have to get much worse before it gets better. I remember reading one fairly legitimate sounding one that said the year 2000 was the end of some sort of cycle, and was a cue to start pouring **** on the Earth. I mean, as a not-really-Christian universalist, I shouldn't really believe that time periods coinciding with Christ's birth have meaning, but this one did seem true to me for some reason. Maybe I'll try to find it again later.

I found one that might have been it, but also maybe not. This one mentioned a book, so it didn't seem that legit to me. Also, it didn't really mention the trials the Earth was to go through after the year 2000, just that the year 2000 onward was a great opportunity for spiritual growth.

I read an interesting one just now. Not really believable, but interesting. A woman said aliens had originally guided our civilization, then left, intending to come back later. However, for some reason, they were delayed in getting back, and now the Earth is on an inevitable path to destruction, something they feared would happen without their guidance. They were going to deliver us all into a higher realm to save us though.

I dunno, I don't really get off on alien theories. Would help if anyone ever actually had proof of any first.

Reactions: rSl
The aliens being delayed in getting back reminds me of something though. With spacetime being the way it is, small differences in speed make for huge differences in time. I mean, it specifically reminds me of a scene from Doctor Who where the companion assures her mother that since she's using a time machine, she can leave and travel back to the very next moment without missing a beat. She then leaves, and surely enough, the time machine does NOT reappear in the very next moment. The mother eventually leaves the area.

There was a similar situation at the beginning of Amy Pond's arc too. And in the middle of it. Man, they reuse stuff a lot.

To elaborate further, most of the stuff I've read in near death experiences seems to indicate that the world will have to get much worse before it gets better. I remember reading one fairly legitimate sounding one that said the year 2000 was the end of some sort of cycle, and was a cue to start pouring **** on the Earth. I mean, as a not-really-Christian universalist, I shouldn't really believe that time periods coinciding with Christ's birth have meaning, but this one did seem true to me for some reason. Maybe I'll try to find it again later.
Sound like the rapture, mixed up with some second millenium nonsense.

Since I've rediscovered that I do actually enjoy programming I've been making a few decisions to make sure that I stick with it.
  • Don't try to do everything at once, focus on what's currently useful.
  • I stick with things better if I have a project to do.
  • There's no shame in simple.
A few project ideas I've come up with are:
  • Display the passage title at the top of each passage in a Twine story.
  • Make a program that batch resizes a folder of images.
  • Add subtitle download support to my youtube-dl frontend.

Back