The Communication Cube

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
It's not really a lesson on how to play games from Nintendo. It's more to do with how they thought you'd hold the controller. In reality you hold controller from the diagonal corner with your elbows out wide (often to your side) which brings your hands in on the diagonal. Nintendo back in the day considered that to be more like the across direction than the forwards/up direction. That's looked increasingly wrong as time goes on but it stuck back then, I guess. The SNES controller kind of enforced the look from the bottom sense with the placement of the shoulder buttons, but you could argue that given the length of your thumb, reaching for the right button is even easier than crunching for the bottom one. Sega didn't actually label the buttons in the Mark 3 controller shown in that video, but at least by the time the Master System came round in the Occident, they labelled them 1 and 2 if viewed from the bottom. That was reinforced by the Genesis/Mega Drive the controller of which actually had a kind of handle on it forcing it to be viewed from the bottom up to make the most sense.

I wonder if most Japanese have longer thumbs than us westerners, meaning we tend to go for the nearest bottom button, but they go for the slightly further away right button.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Hmm, forget what I said about Eta's path in the news thread, it changed again.

Now it will make landfall in Florida. Twice. First at the tip, and then up into the panhandle.

Well, assuming it doesn't change again. I think the forecast gets better the closer we get to it.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl

Null

Witty remark.
Last edited:

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Are those stadiums full, or is that mostly cardboard cutouts or something? Motorsport in Europe has picked up, but depending on local rules sometimes they can run the races with partial fans seated or more recently no fans at all.

Null

Witty remark.
They look human to me + they were moving before I paused the video to take the screenshot.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
That one near death experience I linked is by someone who's actually still active on the NDE subreddit. They've been posting more things.

First, they say the Sun is a portal for God's love and that energy from the Sun is actually God's love nourishing us.
Next, they say that the Sun will be going through a cooling period over the next few decades, causing an ice age.

Guess God doesn't love us as much lately. :(

Edit: Here's a link to the thread for those interested.
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NDE/comments/jr6alf/conversations_with_dr_jeffrey_long_from_nderforg/

Last edited: