The Cases

craigix said:
Shipping the rest of the 103 is probably possible as we could just ask for more of the current cases.

Some will ship in 2009, well, some already have to the team and to devs (I should point out at least one is a real customer!).

Alright, so one customer in 2009 is getting one? The rest in January? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight_Shooter said:
disappointed.jpg

+1

MooTheKow said:
So - realistically are we looking at getting things by January even? What is left in this process -- something like this?

- Tell mould company what is wrong.
- Wait for mould company to respond and actually make changes.
- Wait for mould company to create new moulds with changes
- Wait for shipment of new/changed samples to MWeston.
- Wait for MWeston to check out new mould samples.
- If problems - go back to 'Tell mould company what is wrong'.
- Tell mould company to make full run.
- Wait for mould company to actually create cases.
- Wait for mass produced cases to ship to whever they are sent.
- Have Silk-screening case done on cases ? is this done by the mould company? If so does that mean there is an extra round of 'create samples, send samples to MWeston, wait for OK, actually do silk-screening'?
- Produce actual pandoras...
^That is what I am worried about

I do not mind delay, but I think I would mind a delay into March or the like :\ What is the process that is needed from here?

Phawx said:
Hey Craig,

The boards in full can still be produced by Texas then, right (As in while we are waiting for the moulds to get better, Texas can be cranking out more and more fully populated boards)? So instead of only shipping out 1,000 by xmas, you might be able to do 2,000-4,000 come January?

consider the upcoming christmas holidays in texas...i think craigix and ED should asemble the pandora themself, if they doesn´t want to have any more delay...

Can I charge interest on the money I gave OP over a year ago? JOKING!!!! :p

I'm happy to wait until you iron out these last few wrinkles, and congratulations on a job well done so far B) Pandora is just the spark i needed to get me into Linux development (SDL etc) and away from nasty evil c# - For that I can't thank you all enough.

<looks around for delivery truck> .... <realises it's not coming before Christmas> ... <Snivel>

I don't think the cases will be ready by Christmas, let alone all 4,000 fully completed boards. So Texas not being able to assemble them for xmas holiday is a non-issue.

electronic engineers will revise till the end of time unless the man with money puts his foot down
I'll be happy to wait for a few more revisions, although I think most of us would already think its perfect :D

craigix said:
Shipping the rest of the 103 is probably possible as we could just ask for more of the current cases.

Some will ship in 2009, well, some already have to the team and to devs (I should point out at least one is a real customer!).

Surely that'd involve sending 103 customers the cases that will not go through this tweaking process that requires the delays? I don't think everyone would want that.

Is everything else going okay? The boards, are they populated, the sourcing of the AC adaptors?

I support the decision to tweak the case to get it the way you want and need it to be.

Phawx said:
I don't think the cases will be ready by Christmas, let alone all 4,000 fully completed boards. So Texas not being able to assemble them for xmas holiday is a non-issue.

i don´t know how the US holiday order looks like but i think it´s nearly the same like in germany. from christmas day til about the 6th of january...if it also applys for the factory in texas it will generate another delay indeed

I can't believe I'm asking this but I've heard crazier things in my days:

Craig, I hope this customer who gets a Pandora isn't randomly selected. Because _I_ don't want something what isn't the final product.

can we pay extra to help speed up production, like everyone puts in 10 dollars into a paypal account approx 4000 people * 10 would be like 40000 to help speed up production maby we could do that to help speed this up a little just an idea not complaining or anything

roberthoward45 said:
can we pay extra to help speed up production, like everyone puts in 10 dollars into a paypal account approx 4000 people * 10 would be like 40000 to help speed up production maby we could do that to help speed this up a little just an idea not complaining or anything
No problemo. Let me just set up an account.

r00tw00t said:
I can't believe I'm asking this but I've heard crazier things in my days:

Craig, I hope this customer who gets a Pandora isn't randomly selected. Because _I_ don't want something what isn't the final product.

I'm guessing it's someone that's a close friend to one of the team members. Especially if they paid a significantly large sum for one just so they can be No. 1. :p

mali said:
roberthoward45 said:
No problemo. Let me just set up an account.

Lol

Can't believe it. Feels like another 2months to me.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm as fed up again as in June. At least if did feel closer for some days.

Back