The case of the case.

How about this?  Not sure how good it is since it's Chinese made but at least it has MIPI interface :)
this is a used screen, most likely portrait since they use the term 720x1280 not 1280x720 and I doubt you can you buy 10,000 of them.. It's TFT so the quality may not be that great.. so what about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about this?  Not sure how good it is since it's Chinese made but at least it has MIPI interface :)
this is a used screen, most likely portrait since they use the term 720x1280 not 1280x720 and I doubt you can you buy 10,000 of them.. It's TFT so the quality may not be that great.. so what about it?
It says minumum 5000 pieces

The speakers are now in the keyboard, but doesn't that really influence the sound as the speakers are not directly aimed at your head?

I noticed the sound on the DS has a good stereo effect. Guessing you couldn't try it out yet as the unit has to be working with sound etc.

The speakers are now in the keyboard, but doesn't that really influence the sound as the speakers are not directly aimed at your head?

I noticed the sound on the DS has a good stereo effect. Guessing you couldn't try it out yet as the unit has to be working with sound etc.
Normally you will put the lid at 180 or near 180 degrees. So the base is aimed at your head too.

It's the only way that EvilDragon could put the large screen in without increasing the width of the device. I would have preferred the speakers next to the screen as well, but in the base is not a horrible place to put it.

-God Ginrai

It's the only way that EvilDragon could put the large screen in without increasing the width of the device. I would have preferred the speakers next to the screen as well, but in the base is not a horrible place to put it.

-God Ginrai
Also note that the speakers are probably thicker than the screen, so the lid would be thicker than necessary if you would put the speakers in the lid.

I am just wondering how it would be, maybe it doesn't matter that much. Laptops have it sometimes so I guess there should already be a solution that work well.

Also note that the speakers are probably thicker than the screen, so the lid would be thicker than necessary if you would put the speakers in the lid.
You should also note that EvilDragon is fitting a display PCB behind that screen, so the lid is probably already thick enough to fit the speakers.

-God Ginrai

Thickness is not the issue, but where would you fit them? The width of the lid is not enough.

Thickness is not the issue, but where would you fit them? The width of the lid is not enough.
 Yes, I pointed that out here:

-God Ginrai
-God Ginrai

I know there won't be enough room, but I am wondering if the current location is selected because they can't be placed anywhere else or if this is the next best thingh to having them next to the screen. As I'm guessing that it will sound different.

But I also guessed ED couldn't try it out yet, so maybe it doesn't sound any different than on a pandora.

So just wondering what the idea is. Does it open up new possibilities soundwise? Or is it just something that isn't possible and this is the best solution.

I know there won't be enough room, but I am wondering if the current location is selected because they can't be placed anywhere else or if this is the next best thingh to having them next to the screen. As I'm guessing that it will sound different.

But I also guessed ED couldn't try it out yet, so maybe it doesn't sound any different than on a pandora.

So just wondering what the idea is. Does it open up new possibilities soundwise? Or is it just something that isn't possible and this is the best solution.
Next best thing.

-God Ginrai

Back