Release [Teaser] The Bestest Game Ever

Nice, the smoothness makes it easier on the eye for sure, especially over long sessions. However, maybe it's just me but on my CC Pandora at 600/700mhz it tends to slow down and speed up intermittently - still smoothly, not a judder - which can throw off timing so you end up double-jumping unintentionally if it happens when you're already in the upward phase of a flap and are trying to maintain a rhythm.

A couple of times, only at the very start before 10 points have accrued, it almost ground to a standstill and then carried on as normal.

At 750mz it initially seemed less pronounced, but (as before) it seems to become more noticeable after a couple of games. Literally, after two or three games it becomes pretty evident.

It's also noticeable that there's a distinct slowdown when the bird is at the apex of a flap, so just before the bird enters it's downward motion if your attention is focused on the scrolling pipes, you can see the brief slowdown-speedup happening.

@ Asmo: experiencing the same issues here on my Rebirth @ 600 Mhz. 

@ ekianjo: FWIW, according to Notaz' Live System Info, Flappy Bird now uses 20% more CPU resources than before. Don't know if it's related though...

Back