Update SuperZaxxon v1.75

After i put out the batterie for more than five minutes, its was still the same issue
Hopefully its not a hardware issue..
Otherwise i have too shut it down if i ditnt use it, and boot it up for every little game..
But mybe there will be a solution, ..

Holy crap how did I miss this? Amazing work notaz! Thank you so much. Another awesome update which makes me love my pandora even more.

Downgraded to 1.74, but its still the same issue..
seems like i have too deal whit this until i get my SHINY NEW CRYSTAL DRAGONBOX PYRA, Mobile Edition 4gb,

Reactions: rSl
Hi all,

@notaz : some commands are no longer recognized in the terminal with Super Zaxxon 1.75:
pandora:~$ clear
'xterm': unknown terminal type.
pandora:~$ top
'xterm': unknown terminal type.
pandora:~$

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Yes I've already fixed it in opkg upgrade, but the flashable image is unfortunately broken (you can run OS upgrade after reflasing to fix it though).
I can rebuild the image if anyone needs it, was just waiting for any other issue reports.

Maybe it's just me, but the touchscreen seems less responsive after the update... Will try update again later to see if it's still an issue...

The new kernel options sound great, see what people think up.

Seems like i need a new Display Cable, my Screen Picture is going out when i move the Lid a bit,
Mybe this was the issue..
That could be it, did it have the original cable? The newer version cable last longer.
It could also be that the cable is just gone a bit loose, you can open the unit and check if the cable is still sticking into the mainboard.
Mine went purple when I move the lid, ED replaced mine and it still works great.

My Pandora is on the Way to EvilDragon,
I opend it up, and the Cable Connektor was tigth on the mainboard..
But i think, EvilDragon, or one of his employe could take a look..

He changed the Case in 2011, so i think its a new cable,.. and it lasts 5 Yeahrs, which is still great..

But nothing lasts forever, and at his place, he also can take a look at my Display Backlight..

Maybe this unit of mine the touchscreen is going south on its own. On my other units, touchscreens work fine after the latest update.

I couldn't use nano:
Code:
pandora:~# nano
Error opening terminal: xterm.

Yes I've already fixed it in opkg upgrade

"Upgrade Pandora OS" solved the issue.

Confirmed. Now i can nano .bashrc

Thanks alot! That was really great. I never upgraded from SZ 1.55 because everthing was running fine (from my point of view) and i was afraid of getting new bugs. I was a little shock after installation of 1.75, finishing the first start wizard, starting dropbear and did a remote login to discover that nano wasn't working. This was the type of new bugs i wanted to avoid by "never touch a running system". Never thought that fixing could be so easy. Thanks very very much again! :happy:

Is it normal kernel 2.6 seems to provide a much better maximum stable overclock @OPP3 (on my Rebirth unit it is around 890 Mhz) while with latest SZ 1.75 and newer kernel i cannot go beyond 850 Mhz (if i exceed the 850 Mhz limit my unit will freeze after few seconds)?

Is it normal kernel 2.6 seems to provide a much better maximum stable overclock @OPP3 (on my Rebirth unit it is around 890 Mhz) while with latest SZ 1.75 and newer kernel i cannot go beyond 850 Mhz (if i exceed the 850 Mhz limit my unit will freeze after few seconds)?
Honestly It's pretty impressive you can reach 850 Mhz with OPP3 in the first place. Under normal operation, if you're not limiting the Max OPP Level it will trigger to OPP5 well before then >600Mhz.

Sure, 850 Mhz is pretty good for a maximum stable overclock but 890 Mhz with older 2.6 kernel is even better. It would be quite useful for me to have those extra 40 Mhz especially for Drastic being that emu not compatible with 2.6 kernel.

Sure, 850 Mhz is pretty good for a maximum stable overclock but 890 Mhz with older 2.6 kernel is even better. It would be quite useful for me to have those extra 40 Mhz especially for Drastic being that emu not compatible with 2.6 kernel.
I can't say why it behaves differently, but you could set your max OPP level up to OPP 4 or 5 so that it can overclock properly.

I was a little shock after installation of 1.75, finishing the first start wizard, starting dropbear and did a remote login to discover that nano wasn't working. This was the type of new bugs i wanted to avoid by "never touch a running system".
Finally rebuilt the image and updated the first post link to the new one to avoid such surprises for others.

Yeah 3.2 changes OPPs in a completely different way by using the dedicated i2c bus to PMIC for setting voltage instead of the "normal" one, so maybe it affects things. Could also be that 2.6 not turning stuff off at all helps "out of spec" stability somehow. I don't even know if it's possible to implement power saving 2.6 way, clearly not something I'd be willing to invest lots of time to find out.

Like Trashy I'd suggest just to use higher OPPs - it's not like this is overvolting, they're all within TI's specs. Pandora has been around for some years now and nobody reported SoC death because of always using the highest OPP (which is the default). I'm not even sure 2.6 sets the voltage correctly - it might be setting it higher than you think, I remember it had bugs but can't remember the details.

Last edited:
Back