Update SuperZaxxon v1.75

Wow now on 1.75 when 1.72 was supposed to be the last. I love it.

I am curious as to what this:

"kernel: it's now possible to change the voltage of the expansion port supply (or disable it) by using /proc/pandora/exp_power_mv . Note that the bootloaders still set it to 3V, and the kernel will disable it if nothing writes to exp_power_mv after a minute."

Applies to. Is this the USB port?

@ingoreis : the PND you tried is using it, but as far as I remember the issue with booting is a broken header that prevent the PC to recognize it as a boot device, but an already running OS have no problems reading it as a CD...

I remember that as some point in some kernel (of some distributions), someone told to have solved it... but the details were too complex for me to understand... so I just sit waiting for kernel updates :D

@ingoreis : the PND you tried is using it, but as far as I remember the issue with booting is a broken header that prevent the PC to recognize it as a boot device, but an already running OS have no problems reading it as a CD...

I remember that as some point in some kernel, someone told to have solved it... but the details were too complex for me to understand... so I just sit waiting for kernel updates :D

Ah it may be solved in an Newer Kernel, but SuperZaxxon's Kernel is an Long-Term-Support one which only gets (Secrurity-) Bugfixes but no new Features (And this Issue is not completely an Bug).

Yeah it's not LTS material. If somebody could find which commit fixes it, or at least which kernel version it could probably be backported. I've had a quick look and haven't noticed anything saying that it fixes cdrom boot.

Okay, I've upgraded my TV out only unit FWIW. I forgot at which point the long delay without TV out happened (I'd thought it was when booting the reflash code), but fixed myself a drink while I left the unit connected to the TV, and came back and found it running the first boot wizard. Hooray!

Regarding this ext_power_mv, the TV out cable doesn't need a voltage there right? The voltage is just for BOB boards running serial->uart chips and so on, I thought. Also, I'll need to write this on each boot since it lives in /proc which is a dynamic fs. But if it gives me more battery life then it's definitely worth a go

Regarding this ext_power_mv, the TV out cable doesn't need a voltage there right? The voltage is just for BOB boards running serial->uart chips and so on, I thought. Also, I'll need to write this on each boot since it lives in /proc which is a dynamic fs. But if it gives me more battery life then it's definitely worth a go
The power supply is intended for custom projects, yes. If you want it disabled you don't need to do anything, the default is 0 - maybe I was not clear enough in the changelog.

Thanks muchly notaz for your continued support. Have a question.
Will any of these firmware updates ( and all that they contain ) help with the Pyra development?

Good news! Under 1.74+idle patches I normally experienced a bug whereby my keyboard shortcuts defined in the xfce4 keyboard settings application would still be listed there, but would stop having their intended effect (I was using them to switch on and off tv-out). I just had my first accidental reboot under 1.75 (caught my foot in the charging cable while my Pandora was on charge; result Pandora on floor and rebooting) and those shortcuts continued working.

Is there some change that might affect that? It not I guess it might be coincidence - I've not quite settled on when it loses those shortcuts, though the last few times were battery loss reboots, but I only noticed the correlation recently.

Since the last update today, i got this issue i had some yeahr bevore whit my CC Unit:
Display Backlight Switch dosnt work anymore, the Screen is on its highest brighness, and it dosnt turn of if i goo to suspense mode..

This is something the pandora only dit bevore, when i enable USB Host..

I dotnt know how to deal whit this.. :(

Will any of these firmware updates ( and all that they contain ) help with the Pyra development?
Probably not.

Is there some change that might affect that? It not I guess it might be coincidence - I've not quite settled on when it loses those shortcuts, though the last few times were battery loss reboots, but I only noticed the correlation recently.
No changes. probably a coincidence.

Since the last update today, i got this issue i had some yeahr bevore whit my CC Unit:
Display Backlight Switch dosnt work anymore, the Screen is on its highest brighness, and it dosnt turn of if i goo to suspense mode..
Hmm never seen that, and I've tested CC quite a lot. Does taking out the battery for 5 minutes or so help?
Otherwise it sounds like some hardware issue to me.

Got this issues bevore, but it went away when i restartet the unit..
and the wyrd thing is, bevore the update it dit work quite good..
But i will try to remove the batterie for about five minutes..

I dotnt want to buy a new pandora, that close on the Pyra..

Back