SuperZaxxon v1.60 released

Thanks for the update! Works fine here, again the bootup time feels a bit faster. PNDStore appears in the "system" submenu, as well as in the main menu, though.

Open terminal.

Type:

sudo rm /usr/share/applications/op_pndstore.desktop

Enter your password.

Reboot.

When I updated PMDmanager kept crashing on startup, deleting the appdata seemed to fix it though

Thanks, didn't even have to reboot (whole desktop refreshed automatically) and PNDStore is gone now. :)

It boots noticeably faster! I usually shut down my Pandora when not in use because standby uses quite a bit of power, so this is great.

any major difference between the release version and the beta version? is it worth me reflashing again?

I reflashed the OS to 1.60.  Bought two new 64GB SD cards.  GParted'ed them to ext2.  Did the "sudo chmod 777" magik on both of them. Ran "Create Pandora SD Card" utility, but this utility did not create the directory structure for the new cards.  Had to do it manually.  No biggie, but just wanted to point this out :)

Edit:  Oh! another thing.  My 1TB NTFS external usb hard drive cannot be mounted when connecting to Pandora with SZ 1.60.  It says "Failed to mount "Drive Label - Unknown file system 'ntfs' "  But it worked before I updated SZ.  I have so much stuff on this external usb drive, so reformatted to Fat32 or ext2/ext3/ext4 is out of the question :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't "chmod" the root of a ext/linux filesystem. You have to create /pandora , then chmod it.

Edit:  Oh! another thing.  My 1TB NTFS external usb hard drive cannot be mounted when connecting to Pandora with SZ 1.60.  It says "Failed to mount "Drive Label - Unknown file system 'ntfs' "  But it worked before I updated SZ.  I have so much stuff on this external usb drive, so reformatted to Fat32 or ext2/ext3/ext4 is out of the question :)
You need to install this http://openpandora.org/downloads/CodecPack.pnd.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't "chmod" the root of a ext/linux filesystem. You have to create /pandora , then chmod it.
Agh!  :)   Thanks!

You need to install this http://openpandora.org/downloads/CodecPack.pnd.
Agh!  Thanks!  :)

any major difference between the release version and the beta version? is it worth me reflashing again?
Why don't you use -> System -> Upgrade Pandora OS ?
Agh! No thanks! :)

(froze on me couple time so I used the complete reflash method.  May be my wifi disconnected during the update process)

I've only ever heard of it hanging after successfully updating, and you can always run it again to finish what it was doing if it does die on you.

I don't use it personally - I manually do an opkg update and upgrade so I can keep the logs, but as I understand it, that's all the pandora updater does anyway.

Used the upgrade method....

First time got error about failing to download packages.gz....

Tried again, and second time it did upgrade.....at end got 4 error messages, but seems like none to worry about:

Collected errors:

* Resolve conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/inittab is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/inittab-opkg.

* Resolve conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/pandora/conf/gui.conf is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/pandora/conf/gui.conf-opkg.

* Resolve conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/pandora/conf/cpu.conf is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/pandora/conf/cpu.conf-opkg.

* Resolve conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap-opkg.
Rebooted and it booted up OK.....

So far, seems to be working fine....

Thanks!!!

Clockspeed + OPP3 is missing from the intro setup for 1GHz, only OPP4 is suggested.

Some units like mine has the exact same speed under OPP3 or OPP4, so it's useless here as i'll have to re-setup anyway to OPP3.

@Archimark: You might want to replace the newer files in some cases. The eventmap-opkg contains code to be able to suspend/resume while playing on TV. The inittab-opkg contains one less comment, that the Pandora can use different kernels. I do not know how much faster one less comment line will make the pandora boot, but in theory... it will becomes faster on a file you never read anyway.

The cpu.conf-opkg actually puts things back to 800Mhz... you might not want that.

Also, my clock reset to London instead of Amsterdam time... weird, had to set the time myself.

Why don't you use -> System -> Upgrade Pandora OS ?
Because that would require Wi-Fi which unless i'm out of the house i do not use; I prefer a nice secure wired internet connection. Also i never trust software to do something i could do manually myself, that way i know that it's done properly.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you about that of course. In my experience the upgrade works pretty well, though, and it saves a lot of time in comparison to a full reflash (like on a normal PC basically).

Back