SuperZaxxon v1.55 released!

I'm still having an issue with my last SD card install. I installed pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2 from the official firmware page (http://boards.openpa...e/firmware.html) and everything works pretty well except that the CPU speed runs from 500 Mhz to 800 Mhz. I have a Ghz Pandora. What's up there?

Should I be using a different source?

You can set your Mhz range in the CPU settings.. What's odd is that it seems to be bound by the CC/Rebirth default limits. 

Also you can tell for sure that your unit is a 1Ghz with this handy Pandora System Info PND by _wb_, there should be a screen that shows the model information. 

That does seem like the files to use, but there may be some odd setup flashing with that.. I'd suggest getting the official 1.55 firemware zip file here: http://pandorawiki.org/Firmware and follow the instructions on that page listed below the download.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also a little sticker in the battery compartment that says "1 Gigahertz Edition."

OK, so the NAND install works fine, but the SD card install doesn't show the correct clock speeds.

If I build an SD install manually, it won't boot off the SD card. 

If I clone an SD card with the "Super Zaxxon1.55 16GB SDImage + working Flashplugin," it won't boot off the SD card. 

The only thing that works is using the Pandora SD card installer .pnd. Is there another place to download pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2? Because it's not on the Pandorawiki and again, the official download doesn't work correctly. 

Er, I got the standard rootfs.tar.bz2 to boot off SD, with few problems. Have you created a boot.txt or an autoboot.txt? If the former, are you holding down R as you boot to read it? If the latter, are you getting any errors in the boot sequence?

The root of my problems seems to be format related. As long as my boot partition is Fat16, not Fat32, everything works fine, and I can live with that. Although if anyone can come up with a theory to explain that little gem I'm all ears. 

That means I can't use the "Super Zaxxon1.55 16GB SDImage + working Flashplugin," without some tinkering and I out of tinkering time this weekend. I'd like to have flash working but this isn't a hard requirement, either. 

Ah, that I didn't know. The bootloader is a lot more finickety about what formats it supports than the system is once it's loaded, but I thought FAT32 was supported. Guess not!

Of course, that only affects the drive your kernel is on. You can have everything else in a separate FAT32 partition if you like (the only gotcha being that if you ever receive a kernel update, you'll need to copy the updated kernel from the FAT32 partition to your FAT16 partition)

Off topic:  I ran Pandora OS update today and noticed a very subtle but nice addition:  You can now toggle the menu on and of with the Pandora button.  Before this update, one could only OPEN the menu with the Pandora button, but subsequent click did not close it.  So this is nice.  Is this using the scripts from bsp?

Try to install this version on my 1GHz pandora but when i push R at startup nothing :(

Just a menu without "boot from sd1"

I put all the files in my SDXC 128 GO extFAT formatted with panasonic.

I put my SD card in left slot.

I already have SuperZAXXON 1.52 installed.

How can I do?

I don't see Boot from SD1 :(

Back