Release Stunt Car Remake

If this could be exclusive to the Pandora and Pyra it would make the systems must haves for retro gamers.

Especially if it supported network play.

The OP suggests this is a port of a windows open source game remake, so it can't really be considered an exclusive to us.

I gave this a go earlier, and it ran well on my 1GHz pandora, no trouble. The cockpit graphics surrounding the screen and especially the animation of the engine and wheels makes this look a lot smarter than the earlier builds did :)

The OP suggests this is a port of a windows open source game remake, so it can't really be considered an exclusive to us.

I know, :( it's just such a classic game and people are still wanting a modern remake, many have started but none have finished.

It's open source, it cannot really be exclusive... But I target the Pandora when I code it...
[doublepost=1492528050,1492514170][/doublepost]
A great special thanks for this !!!!
EDIT On CC at 600 Mhz, it is a tiny bit slower than the previous version, haven´t fiddled around with the frame settings yet, or by rising the line to 850 Mhy; to be honest, the previous version was close to perfect for me; in the meantime I have played the C64 version again and it was a world of a difference already :)
I think the MSAA should only be activated on Gigahertz version. I'll add a test to disable AA on CC and Rebirth.

in the meantime I have played the C64 version again and it was a world of a difference already :)

Try again with xscpu64 emulator on VICE. You would need a patched version so it doesn't go at the speed of light, ;)

Not exclusive, but first and the only port, until someone packages the game for a Linux distro, but copyrigth on the assets for the game is a potential problem for a distro used by milions of users.

I have done some test with LiveInfo to check the fps, and with MSAA, the Gigahertz get between 45 and 55 fps in game. So, for now, I have removed MSAA, and I get solid 60 fps on the Gigahertz (but I clearly see the difference in jaggyness :( ). Maybe one day, I'll redo the graphic engine, remove all DirectX rendering to only keep SDL+OpenGL... Maybe...

So the new build is on the repo.

Build 03
------------

• Removed MSAA

Nice, this still runs well on my 1GHz model. Perhaps I can't go so crazy fast with speeding up the framerate any more, but it's basically unplayable that fast so I guess that isn't really a problem.

FWIW, I've noted for a few builds now, one of the characters of the font has the top pixels set forming a line - it's either 't' or 'o' I think. It doesn't affect gameplay, but it just strikes me as a little odd every time I notice it.

FWIW, I've noted for a few builds now, one of the characters of the font has the top pixels set forming a line - it's either 't' or 'o' I think. It doesn't affect gameplay, but it just strikes me as a little odd every time I notice it.

It's 'o'. I have also noticed, but I always forget to check... I'll try to remember this time :)

New build on the repo.
This time, I have added the "Super League" mode. Tracks and Cars have different colors, and performances are different too. I tried to respect original value for the performances, but I had to redo a but that AI part. I hope I haven't broken anything (and the AI is really super fast in SuperLeague!)

preview4.png

Build 05
------------

• Added "SuperLeague" (with specific color theme)
  • Updated libs

Wow, thanks for continuing to support this. I don't have a way to test this at moment thanks to my TV out cable finally falling apart, but hopefully keeping on top of the latest changes means this will come to my Pyra more quickly once I finally receive it.

Back