Steam Deck (using SteamOS) handheld by Valve

Maybe i can raise the Draw Distance and test a bit whit the Build In FPS Meter, when the FPS degrease, i know its too much..
Played a bit in the Story and a lot in Free Roam Mode ^^

Bought "Two Months" Yesterday, cool Pyra relatet Game, but i failed on the first Boss whit the Hammer ^^, worked quite good on the Steamdeck..

And i continued whit BeamNG Drive, i have some Amphibious Cars i wantet to Test, one is a Oldtimer which worked quite good, and you could aktivate the Propellers whit Touch Buttons, allthough they are quite tiny and maybe more meant to use whit a Mouse..

My 140 Watt 26000 MAH Powerbank is also arived, cool thing, a bit blocky but it charges the Steamdeck whyle playing, and its fits a bit in the Mains Plugg Compartment of the Steamdeck Case, but its a bit too hight, ..

Tomorrow, the Session 8 for Snowrunner will released, so this will be my starting point to play this Game seriously..

Steam Dock? I received the dock today. It feels tiny compared to the charger (identical to Steam Deck's charger).
dock.jpg

The few times i use my Deck on a Desktop, it wouldnd make much sense for me..

Lets Hope Valve brings somethimes a Solution for the "Download only when the System is running" issue, its a quite big issue when your have a system that is meant to play only Download Games..

Maybe this weekend i make some pictures of the Games i bought in the time i have the Deck now, as i lack quite some posts in "What have you bought", and its quite some stuff, even the Powerwash Simulator (Didnt test it yet), and "Kill it whit Fire" ^^

Lets Hope Valve brings somethimes a Solution for the "Download only when the System is running" issue, its a quite big issue when your have a system that is meant to play only Download Games..
What do you mean by that? I have not encountered any issues regarding downloads yet. (Wenn es für dich einfacher ist, kannst Du es auch auf Deutsch beschreiben)

Edit:
After searching online, i saw a feature request for the Steam Deck to download in low power mode. Do you mean that? On my behalf, I'm actually quite glad it doesn't do such things when it is supposed to sleep. Leaving it powered on for downloading also isn't a big issue for me, but on the other hand i have very good downloading speeds which reduces the waiting time dramatically.

Last edited:
I tried my Steam Deck Dock last night. It only came up with a blank screen (both on the Deck and TV), and only after unplugging it again from the Dock and going in and out of standby a couple of times, got the screen back.

Finally updated the system, and replugged in to the dock and it asked to update the dock's firmware. Now it does work through the TV with a picture, but it cuts out frequently (blanks out at random times, like it's trying to resync the signal or something).

Been loving mine these past few months. I've mostly used it for emulation and PC games from the 2000s, nothing too demanding.

N64; Goldeneye 007, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros
PS2; Ace Combat 4, Killzone, SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 & 4
Gamecube; Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD, Pikmin 1 & 2, Super Mario Sunshine
PC: Brutal Legend, Bully, Commander Keen 4, Crazy Taxi 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 1 & 2, Postal 2, Prince of Persia SOT, Pure (2008), Simpsons H&R, Space Cadet Pinball, Turok 1 & 2 (2015 remaster), Wolfenstein (2009)

The only real "modern" titles I've played are Doom (2016) and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Both play fantastic.

Overall the system is 95% perfect. It has it's hiccups and some games you really have to tinker with to get playing nicely, but it's exceeded my expectations by far. I feel like I'm 7 or 8 years-old again with my copy of Link's Awakening on GameBoy! Best $500 I've spent in years.

Sad to say, but I've more-or-less completely abandoned my PS Vita and Pandora 1Ghz.

EDIT: forgot to mention, there have been a few games I haven't been able to get working properly (eg. Soldier of Fortune, runs but has texture issues).

EDIT2: Finally got SOF working nicely!
- install CD copy of SOF Platinum on PC (GOG version probably works but make sure you use correct SOFplus patch)
- install SOFplus fan patch
- modify config to 16:10 aspect ratio (see SOFplus notes about FOV cvar)
- copy installation folder to Deck
- add as non-steam game using Proton GE compatibility
- set video driver to QeffectsGL

I was meaning "Download while the Deck is in Standybe Mode
Standby on the Steam Deck is the same as a desktop/laptop PC in sleep mode with a halted CPU, so downloading/updating isn't possible.

Last edited:
The only real "modern" titles I've played are Doom (2016) and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Both play fantastic

I've been playing No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk 2077, World of Warcraft Classic ( needs keyboard and mouse), Streets of Rage 4 and a few other new titles. Pretty impressed with it.

Back