Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

Unless Craig has done a real poor job keeping track of orders, he should have been able to tell you how many were outstanding.

Also, if you're providing him Pandoras "basically for free", I don't see how you've negated the "debt", you just don't see it, but it still costs you

Well, there are quite a lot of issues.

First, if I take over his customers, I add more debts to my company, which means: I get less reputation in credibility, etc.

Because of the debts I already have, PayPal has secured an amount of 11,000 EUR which I own but don't have access to.

If I'd have even more debts, PayPal might've just kicked me out, and most orders are being paid using PayPal.

Additionally, you are enforced to file insolvency in Germany when your debts are over a certain level compared to what you own.

So it might've even be the case that I'd have to file insolvency myself right away then.

Not to forget:

If you file insolvency in Germany, the reason that lead to the insolvency is being checked.

If the CEO is responsible for the insolvency (which would be the case if I just decide to buy a company that has basically nothing to offer but debts), I would personally be held responsible with my private money or even jail in worst case...

And finally:

You never know how many customers will ask for a refund and when.

If a lot of Craigs customers I took over suddenly asked for a refund, then I might not have the money to pay them back.

Then I would have to file insolvency which would be the end for ALL preorders, no one would be happy (well, except for Craig, as I just would've taken all the responsibility over from him ;) )

This way, if too many ask for refund and Craig has to file insolvency, I can still deliver Pandoras to his remaining preorders.

So yes, it definitely makes sense the way it is.

Unless Craig has done a real poor job keeping track of orders, he should have been able to tell you how many were outstanding.

Also, if you're providing him Pandoras "basically for free", I don't see how you've negated the "debt", you just don't see it, but it still costs you

Well, there are quite a lot of issues.

First, if I take over his customers, I add more debts to my company, which means: I get less reputation in credibility, etc.

Because of the debts I already have, PayPal has secured an amount of 11,000 EUR which I own but don't have access to.

If I'd have even more debts, PayPal might've just kicked me out, and most orders are being paid using PayPal.

Additionally, you are enforced to file insolvency in Germany when your debts are over a certain level compared to what you own.

So it might've even be the case that I'd have to file insolvency myself right away then.

Not to forget:

If you file insolvency in Germany, the reason that lead to the insolvency is being checked.

If the CEO is responsible for the insolvency (which would be the case if I just decide to buy a company that has basically nothing to offer but debts), I would personally be held responsible with my private money or even jail in worst case...

And finally:

You never know how many customers will ask for a refund and when.

If a lot of Craigs customers I took over suddenly asked for a refund, then I might not have the money to pay them back.

Then I would have to file insolvency which would be the end for ALL preorders, no one would be happy (well, except for Craig, as I just would've taken all the responsibility over from him ;) )

This way, if too many ask for refund and Craig has to file insolvency, I can still deliver Pandoras to his remaining preorders.

So yes, it definitely makes sense the way it is.

People should really cherish their pandora, because the team is currently bleeding for it.

I am about to receive my Pandora in the next few days, and the 1024 (+- 3 years) days waiting for those 1024 mhz of goodnes is more then worth it, and am grateful you guys took the risk for this project.

Having said this, i am looking forward to more to come, and seeing you guys making profit after all the hardship.

Last edited by a moderator:
It as even more than 25%, I think it was about 1300 out of 4000 PCBs that CC killed.

I don't know the exact number as CC is not even able to tell me how many they got at their place which should be fixed...

And yes, not the bare boards are broken... CC actually populated them and the parts are lost and have been paid by us.

Parts are about 150 USD per board, so that's about 200K USD.

Maybe not a very nice question, but can't take legal actions against them? It looks like they destroyed your property and they should pay the price of the things they destroyed.

It as even more than 25%, I think it was about 1300 out of 4000 PCBs that CC killed.

I don't know the exact number as CC is not even able to tell me how many they got at their place which should be fixed...

And yes, not the bare boards are broken... CC actually populated them and the parts are lost and have been paid by us.

Parts are about 150 USD per board, so that's about 200K USD.

Maybe not a very nice question, but can't take legal actions against them? It looks like they destroyed your property and they should pay the price of the things they destroyed.

Craig does not have a written contract with CC no there's nothing to earn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, Craig is the only one who can do something like that, as his company is the one who gave them the order.

He is getting help from UK government to get some lawyers, but it's unknown yet if that will work out.

Sueing between different countries is no easy task, and it could take years.

I could only sue Craig, basically, as he should've provided the Pandoras to me (we had a deal) ;)

But it would be pretty dumb doing that :D

No written contract needed. He got an offer, signed that and therefore can claim what he ordered.

If nothing is being fixed in the offer, industry standard failure rates are acceptable, but those are about 5 - 8%, not more.

How would one give money to another company without any contract in place ?!

Well, there's a normal offer which you sign, and that is basically a contract.

However, which such productions, you usually set up a "big" contract, which included deadlines, and fees for breaking the deadlines, a maximum allowed failure rate, etc.

That's what doesn't exist, so when doing a lawsuit, some industry-standard failure rate would be used as comparison.

Thanks for all theses clear answers Ed... that doesn't inform us on craig real position, but knowing that you'll still fill the preorder if he has to fill insolvency is really reassuring.

We've been fed too many time some PR bullshit in the past, that's not what we deserve from a so "open-source" minded project like that, once more thanks

Exciting to hear you are shipping 20 Pandora this week ED. :)

Did you get many 1Ghz orders? Is there a good demand?

As thoroughly poor as this whole situation is, I'm REALLY glad ED is here to at least let us know what's happening.

Thank you ED. Happy to deal with you any time.

Well, once we're out of this whole mess (which IS complicated, believe me :D ), any further products should make things easier.

If I handle the PCB production together with GC, I can always tell you what's going on and what the status is.

And deadlines are being kept :)

And Craig has some good experiences with case companies in UK now, so that would also help.

But still, our first focus is to finish this one :)

Heh, that just made me check something...

There's no "Made in Germany" anywhere on the Pandora!

Back