Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

drenyx

I'm sure it's due to there being less and less people waiting for a 'preorder' but I haven't heard any news for a while about what is shipping. Has anyone that didn't upgrade received their unit recently? Can you tell us when you ordered?

I know I was originally to the tail end of the 4000 original orders, given I placed my order on 10/5/2008. Then I assume I jumped up when everyone ahead of me wanted a refund got out of line. Then I fell back again when everyone that could afford to upgraded ahead of me. A month and a half ago they said there was only 700 units left to ship (between Craig and ED if I understand it right) so am I really that far at the end of the line?

http://www.openpando...emid=13&lang=en

Current Status

Here you can find the current status. We'll try to keep it as up-to-date as possible (current status date: 2012-06-01)

Is a month and a half really trying? really?

Sorry, I hadn't posted one of these for a while and don't feel like I have information when I want it.

Is a month and a half really trying? really?

It is if your Evil Dragon who is attempting to handle all the Pandora manufacturing in Germany, emails, RMAs, 1GHZ prototype runs and on top of that has a regular full time job..

I don't think he sleeps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, to add some despondency, I DID upgrade (in April) and I'm still waiting so uhh... I'll see you on the other side?

Lucky you paid extra money and upgraded otherwise you'd still be wai- oh.

Things used to be easy. One basically had three choices as a First-Batcher:

1. Cancel order and get a refund. Of course, it takes God-knows-how-long to actually get that refund, and if/when it finally happens you may well take a hosing on exchange rates, but at least you can cut your losses, write off the 4+ years of enthusiasm and excitement and get on with your life.
  2. Pay extra money beyond your paid-in-full Pandora to upgrade and get it sooner. Sure, it costs more, but you'll be helping OpenPandora out (again) and really what's your time worth that you can't spare a few bucks to end the interminable waiting?
  3. STFU lest your enquiries be labelled as 'trolling' by the very people you went out of your way to support and wait for hell to freeze over and your Pandora to arrive. After all, it's just a matter of getting production numbers up, and they'll be swimming in Pandoras for all the First-Batchers any day now. Thankyou for your patience. We really really appreciate it. Your Pandora? Yeah yeah it's coming. In the meantime, let's talk about iCP. Or Pandora2. Or Product3. Or 1Ghz models.

See? Easy. But now it seems like #2 is just #3 but paying a few extra hundred dollars for the privilege.

I'm sure they really really appreciate your support though, and isn't that the most important thing in business?

It is if your Evil Dragon who is attempting to handle all the Pandora manufacturing in Germany, emails, RMAs, 1GHZ prototype runs and on top of that has a regular full time job..

You know, I honestly don't think about who updates that thing anymore, I just remember it always suffering from slow updates. I also might be thinking more of whoever was likely to be the one updating it before production moved to germany.

STFU lest your enquiries be labelled as 'trolling'

They can call me whatever they want if it gets me some info at this point. I don't have a clue if it is 700 people waiting a month and a half ago minus whatever they shipped since, or did they not ship anything since and still have 700 people waiting. Much less wherever I am in the middle of that number. Just want to know if I'll have it before it hits 4 years (22 years is the term I'm gonna push now) or if I should plan on being disappointed for the 5th christmas in a row.

Well, to add some despondency, I DID upgrade (in April) and I'm still waiting so uhh... I'll see you on the other side?

Thanks for the input, as that gives me some info, which is why I started this thread... If I'm not earning interest on my long investment, at least they host these forums for me to pass the time.

The sale of 1ghz units will also speed up classic preorders which is a good thing as you guys have waited long enough and OP needs to move away from the old preorder system for sanity and operationals sake.

It seems production stalls because of the P-Ghz test run.

I don't think GC have two machines set up to work on regular and Ghz PCBs.

Also, OP team must sell one (or two) unit(s) to fulfill an old preorder. Assume they have 1000 Pandoras on stock. If nobody buys then they won't have the money to satisfy you or the other ?699 waiting people. Merry Christmas!

i believe they are producing more pandoras than they are selling.people who buy pandoras outright fund the speeding up of sending out pandoras.production is no longer a problem its cash flow.they can only send out original preorders when they have been funded by directly sold pandoras.waitings a bummer but 1ghz units speed up thesending of classic pandoras.

I understand the cashflow issue as well, I just don't know if they're doing 100 per week like they said they were before ( a while back ) or if it's less or more. I understand out of that 100 per week only 33ish were going to preorders, I've just had a little more time last few days to get anxious about when something might come. Not having any updates for a month makes it worse.

Things used to be easy. One basically had three choices as a First-Batcher:

1. Cancel order and get a refund. Of course, it takes God-knows-how-long to actually get that refund, and if/when it finally happens you may well take a hosing on exchange rates, but at least you can cut your losses, write off the 4+ years of enthusiasm and excitement and get on with your life.
  2. Pay extra money beyond your paid-in-full Pandora to upgrade and get it sooner. Sure, it costs more, but you'll be helping OpenPandora out (again) and really what's your time worth that you can't spare a few bucks to end the interminable waiting?
  3. STFU lest your enquiries be labelled as 'trolling' by the very people you went out of your way to support and wait for hell to freeze over and your Pandora to arrive. After all, it's just a matter of getting production numbers up, and they'll be swimming in Pandoras for all the First-Batchers any day now. Thankyou for your patience. We really really appreciate it. Your Pandora? Yeah yeah it's coming. In the meantime, let's talk about iCP. Or Pandora2. Or Product3. Or 1Ghz models.

See? Easy. But now it seems like #2 is just #3 but paying a few extra hundred dollars for the privilege.

I'm sure they really really appreciate your support though, and isn't that the most important thing in business?

It's nice to see how you save me some typing, I could have wrote this...

Whyever for,  puppydog? Positivity gets nobody answers. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" and all that.

(Positive?  I vote for belligerent.)

Things used to be easy.

<snip>

That made me smile, thank fuck there are other people around who feel the same as I do.

Let us be positive here, people.

Quite frankly you can go and stick your little brown nose where the sun doesn't shine.

You have censored mine and possibly others comments in this thread:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/8993-when-will-you-recieve-the-next-shipment-from-ed/

Thus removing any transparency, maintaining the illusion that things are progressing swimmingly and helping Craig to avoid answering a quite straightforward question for over three weeks.

And why should people here be positive when some of us paid in full nearly four years ago; others including myself have shelled out extra cash to upgrade; and a select few have just entered a new fully paid up pre-order queue for the shiny and improved 1 gig version.

It's galling to think that a project that I have supported vocally and financially from the outset now consider me a historical responsibility. So yeah, Craig send me my Pandora so I can fuck off out of your life forever.

Couldn't agree more with whats been said on this thread unfortunatly, especially this..

Craig send me my Pandora so I can fuck off out of your life forever.
It's got to the point where I don't give a damn about this project. It's completely different now from what it was supposed to be; the community doesn't really exist any more and the Pandora will be out dating itself by the time we get one anyway due to the Pandora 2. It's gone from being a project about developers and software to a forum full of greedy little kids that will payout premium prices for the fastest hardware without even knowing anything about it. I suppose I just don't understand blind obedience??

There's only one reason why I'm still here and that's because after waiting 4 and a half years and telling all my family and friends about the Pandora, if I don't get one I'll look like a f'king mug who handed over his money to a couple of scam artists and was used. If on the other hand Craig turned around and said that I can have my money back + interest for the last 4 and a half years, I could be tempted to leave :)

the only reason I'm not asking for a refund is that I already consider this money as "lost", with the change rate and the tax I won't ask a refund to receive back only the half of what I paid...

Let us be positive here, people.

More than 3 months after you paid for advancing in a queue you're in for more than 3 years... that's not easy dude.. even more when you feel, that you, the one who did preorder long ago, and paid again to accelerate things, you are at the bottom of the pit...

not that easy :)

Anyway

Kisses

Mac

Reading this makes me wonder how Craig is managing the units he gets and why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.

Back