Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

As bavaria is not germany? Come on guys, I know you want to be austrian ;)

I'dd prefer Germany for a product rather than Bavaria... except if it is beer...

I'dd prefer Germany for a product rather than Bavaria... except if it is beer...

Umm.... you do know that Bavaria is a part of Germany, right? :)

Yes, of course, I'm not far away... but Bavaria is less glamorous for an high tech product than for Beer... Germany feel less allright than Bavaria for the pandora

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us about this, EvilDragon. You've always been forthright and open with regard to the community, and we really appreciate it. Given Craig's track record of silence and snarky responses to questions regarding "classic preorders" in the forums, can you blame us for looking to you to try and drag some answers out of him for us?

I, for one, have some fairly obvious questions that I would like clear and direct answers to with regard to preorders that Craig is expected to fill, not dodgy half-truths and silence:

1. Where is he at in his classic preorder queue? Information like how many orders have been filled, how many have been cancelled, and how many remain would be useful.
  2. How far did the 1GHz Pandora prototype side project push that queue back? Heck, even acknowledging that this project delayed all other Pandora orders from his shop would be better than silence.
  3. What is the projected rate at which the remaining classic preorders will be filled?
  4. When was the last classic preorder shipped? When will the next one be shipped?

I know it seems like we're really raking him over the coals here, but that really isn't the intention. I'm a fan of the Pandora project, and I really just want to receive mine. Since a "your order has shipped" still hasn't arrived, I just want to know why. Is it really too much to ask that Craig keep his customers - who have been patiently waiting for years - informed as to the status of their order?

As bavaria is not germany?
Not for Bavarians! :lol:

Funny thing is, that 99% of the Planet thinks, Bavaria IS germany, which is not the full truth. For beginners: Lederhosen, Oktoberfest, Weisswurst, Weissbier Neuschwanstein and all these cliechee pictures, this is Bavaria, not the entire germany. ;) Or do ALL Americans wear Cowboy Outfits, and yelling out loud "Yeeehawwww" while jumping over Rivers with their Dodge Chargers? :rolleyes:

Lederhosen, Oktoberfest, Weisswurst, Weissbier Neuschwanstein

Thats what I was telling almost half of your example are beer, and if you except a castle all the rest is not far away from beer... for a high tech protuct mark Germany on it, not Bavaria :)

As bavaria is not germany?
Not for Bavarians! :lol:

Funny thing is, that 99% of the Planet thinks, Bavaria IS germany, which is not the full truth. For beginners: Lederhosen, Oktoberfest, Weisswurst, Weissbier Neuschwanstein and all these cliechee pictures, this is Bavaria, not the entire germany. ;) Or do ALL Americans wear Cowboy Outfits, and yelling out loud "Yeeehawwww" while jumping over Rivers with their Dodge Chargers? :rolleyes:
I was under the impression that they do... *sips tea with pinky up in the air*

Hmmmm, I thought Bavaria is a dutch beer. Actually, I think they make the best tasting beer without alcohol.

Quick question that's been bugging me.

If Pandoras are in stock and upgraded units help bring more money in OPT, how come there is an upgraded Pandora queue?

I think you guys would get more upgrades if you could provide instant gratification as you do with new customers.

Or do ALL Americans wear Cowboy Outfits, and yelling out loud "Yeeehawwww" while jumping over Rivers with their Dodge Chargers? :rolleyes:
Awww shucks, Hoss. I just did that last week!

It would be neat if someone came up with a creative way to raise money for the project. It's too bad we couldn't do something like a Humble Pandora Bundle, where some of the money went to satisfying preorders. I don't know...I know I'm not helping the team out with my old preorder, but I feel like I wouldn't mind spending more money on other items if I already had my unit. I liked the idea of bundling icontrolpads with the Pandora/tv-out to make a sort of ultracompact video game console.

It would be neat if someone came up with a creative way to raise money for the project. It's too bad we couldn't do something like a Humble Pandora Bundle, where some of the money went to satisfying preorders. I don't know...I know I'm not helping the team out with my old preorder, but I feel like I wouldn't mind spending more money on other items if I already had my unit. I liked the idea of bundling icontrolpads with the Pandora/tv-out to make a sort of ultracompact video game console.

That would be awesome... if we get 20,000 people to donate 10 EUR, all remaining preorders could be fulfilled at once...

That would be awesome... if we get 20,000 people to donate 10 EUR, all remaining preorders could be fulfilled at once...

I would not mind donating 10 euro's for the project, even considering that my pandora is already underway, i want the best for the pandora.

Hopefully many people think the same way.

Would be nice if such a fundraiser could be pulled off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, you already have mine from my TV-Out order. Progress! Only 19,999 to go!

bavaria has evolved from a agricultural state to a "high tech nation" in the last 60 years, so it isn't that far off - altough I would have liked "Made in Europa" or "Made in Eŭropo" better - has a more urbane sound to it

I would not mind donating 10 euro's for the project, even considering that my pandora is already underway, i want the best for the pandora.

It''s easy to donate, just go here:

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=214&Itemid=44&lang=en

Did you get many 1Ghz orders? Is there a good demand?

Yes, they are REALLY selling well.

I stopped preordering at my site a while ago until I get them really in stock :)

Great news! Will you manage to ship your current 1Ghz orders in a reasonable time frame?

Hopefully, that's what the next test run will show ;)

OK, so essentially you have orders from the first test run of 1Ghz units. Additionally people have paid for 1Ghz "Test run Batch 2" units, and these will come at a later stage, but we don't know when that is. Were the payments enough to secure funds for this second run, or do you need to wait for some more orders before you can do that?

(I imagine I am in the second run, so just trying to guage how long the wait will be)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you will be able to get the second run done within a month or two!

/C_S

It''s easy to donate, just go here:

http://www.openpando...emid=44&lang=en

I know it is, but i rather donate while a whole group does it at the same time, so that i know that the donations can be put to good use.

I think its more useful if they get a pile of money at once, then having donations that trickle in.

So what about trying to come up with a fundraiser?

if i know that many people donate at the same time, i would even offer more then 10 euro.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, we could tie a new homebrew competition to a humble-bundle like system. everyone paying more then the average will get beta-access and right to vote. devs can decide if they even want money or donate it to delivering preorders. concrete rules would have to be published before the competition starts, naturally.

Back