Where Are The Tv-Out Cables?!

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
Even though i probably won't get my Panda for a month or so, it's weird that those who ordered their tv cable and already received their pandoras do not seem to have gotten the former. So:
1) Where are the cables?
2) Are they even MP'd yet?
3) How's the software side going, is it already fully supported, including a handy on/off script?

I would really appreciate a status update on this.

ZOMG CABLE SI VAPOURWARE!!11

I'm going by the assumption they forgot mine, since i ordered it during the re-pre-order, thought the fact others aren't receiving them is a little odd.

Wolfsclaw said:
Even though i probably won't get my Panda for a month or so, it's weird that those who ordered their tv cable and already received their pandoras do not seem to have gotten the former. So:
1) Where are the cables?
2) Are they even MP'd yet?
3) How's the software side going, is it already fully supported, including a handy on/off script?

I would really appreciate a status update on this.
I remember craig saying that they had the tv-out cables already.there is a pic somewhere.
Dunno if anyone got theirs with their pandora.maybe they didnt order one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to guess they were so excited to get the first shipments out the door they were overlooked. I'm sure they'll get their cables, maybe a benefit to being at the end of the 4000

Asmo said:
wrath of khan said:
I remember craig saying that they had the tv-out cables already.there is a pic somewhere.

What was said:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php...r-is-now-done/page__view__findpost__p__747324

The photo of the cable, unless another surfaced since, was of one of the samples.

But it was also said, IIRC, that they had the TV-out cables produced and sitting in a warehouse in China waiting to be shipped along with the keymats.

-God Ginrai

AFAIK there were some people who ordered a cable; none of them received one. This doesn't sound like "Oops we forgot to send it; it's here, we'll send it asap" but more like "We don't have any cables yet, will send them in two months™ when they are ready".

<EvilDragon> GodGinrai: Yeah, we need to discuss a bit more with the company. They want to produce 10.000 at once, which is crazy expensive. We were busy with so many other things before so we couldn't talk to them about that.
<EvilDragon> We will ship them later as soon as they are available.

Can we close the topic now so there isnt 20 pages of FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm sure not everyone ordered a video out cable and if they are requiring 10k to even make them that's a little nuts. Maybe after things settle a little they will be able to talk them down to a lower batch number. Hell even 5k would make more sense. We'll get our cables eventually.....

Wolfsclaw said:
Gah! What a letdown (of that company, not OP, i believe they feel the same here)!

:(

As much as I love OP for creating an amazing device, shit like this is well shit!

They have had at LEAST 12 months to make a deal/arrangement with a cable manufacturer and now they only just find out this 10k issue?

Did they ever even speak to the cable manufacturer?

I would like to help. my friend works for a cable manufacturer they are based in Derbyshire and make pretty much every cable from HDMI to audio to PC.

someone send me the info on the cable or direct me to the info and I'll get a quote and a timescale if they are interested.

parag0n said:
<EvilDragon> GodGinrai: Yeah, we need to discuss a bit more with the company. They want to produce 10.000 at once, which is crazy expensive. We were busy with so many other things before so we couldn't talk to them about that.

Can we close the topic now so there isnt 20 pages of FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

They could have included a note explaining that cable are not ready yet.

I wonder how much more it would cost them to order 10k, compared to how much it will cost them to have to pay for shipping the cables to the end users as a separate shipment. I also wonder what percentage of people ordered the cable. Maybe 25%? Less?

parag0n said:
Where was the source of this?

Craigix sayed, the cables are ready and this was 2009, the post was already mentioned. He sayed all the TV out cables are produced and laying into a chinese Warehouse ready to pick up. So it is actualy impossible that there are no TV-Cables. Paradoxon?
I've ordered a cable, I want one on the day my pandora ships, no compromises.

BA: They need only "few" cables now. I guess about 2000, maybe 3000 - duno how many ordered. But if OPT let make 10000 then they must pay 10000 immediately and it will be lot of money.

Sphinxter said:
Proprietary interfaces suck.

not really I mean what a great position OP are in! after all the cables are made and arent any good to anyone else so I'm sure a bargain price could be negotiated ;)

fusion_power said:
parag0n said:
Where was the source of this?

Craigix sayed, the cables are ready and this was 2009, the post was already mentioned. He sayed all the TV out cables are produced and laying into a chinese Warehouse ready to pick up. So it is actualy impossible that there are no TV-Cables. Paradoxon?
I've ordered a cable, I want one on the day my pandora ships, no compromises.

This was from #openpandora on irc.freenode.net

-God Ginrai

Back