FaeMinx + Pandora

FaeMinx

Rainbow Liberation Instigation
:lol: I found 3 emails in my inbox yesterday - I've condensed them and snipped out repeated or sensitive info.

Received emails said:
Hello MR MFV LISTER,

Great news! Your order has shipped, and should arrive soon. Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order.

Order date: Dec 8, 2010 9:18 AM PST

Google order number: *removed*

Shipping Status Qty Item Price

Shipped 1 Payment request from OpenPandora Ltd - *removed* Pandora Case TV Out Battery Air £285.51

Order date: Jan 12, 2011 1:41 AM PST

Shipped 1 Payment request from OpenPandora Ltd - *removed* 2 x 32GB Card £143.51

Order date: Feb 10, 2011 1:18 AM PST

Shipped 1 Payment request from OpenPandora Ltd - *removed* Upgrade to Premium Pandora £24.90

Why an upgrade for only £24.90? Well, I decided to cancel one of the two 32GB SD Cards - £24.90 is the difference I needed to pay in. B)

You may have also noticed that the shipping method is standard Airmail (unless something magic occurred when I upgraded). So even though it was shipped yesterday, I expect another 2 -3 week wait, provided there are no customs complications.

As far as I can tell - I will be the 1st South African Pandorian! I'll update this thread to reflect my Pandora experience - from this now *most* difficult waiting time knowing that it's shipped, to first impressions, reviews and pics. Probably some rambling as well. :)

How smooth is it to have a Pandora shipped to a semi - 3rd world country?

We'll soon find out...

South African Pandorian
So you're a sap? :p

While I'm sure that I could be regarded as a fool for some of the decisions I've made in my life, I'd much rather be viewed as 'A leather-covered hand weapon' B)

Feb 10, 2011 1:18 AM PST
Is this is the date you paid for the upgrade? My premium payment was confirmed before then, but I don't have a shipping mail yet. :(

Yes, that's the day. I don't know why mine got shipped before yours, but I'm still pretty sure you'll receive yours before I get mine. ;)

Has it gone past 7 working days for you? Perhaps send them an email.

While I'm sure that I could be regarded as a fool for some of the decisions I've made in my life, I'd much rather be viewed as 'A leather-covered hand weapon' B)
Heh!

Feb 10, 2011 1:18 AM PST
Is this is the date you paid for the upgrade? My premium payment was confirmed before then, but I don't have a shipping mail yet. :(

Yes, that's the day. I don't know why mine got shipped before yours, but I'm still pretty sure you'll receive yours before I get mine. ;)

Has it gone past 7 working days for you? Perhaps send them an email.
It'll be 7 working days on Friday. Will shoot them a mail later today.

Awesome! Congratz!

I was wondering if you were gonna cave in and go with the Premium order. :p

You sounded like you wanted to in some of the other threads.

Happy days are ahead. :D

Awesome! Congratz!

I was wondering if you were gonna cave in and go with the Premium order. :p

You sounded like you wanted to in some of the other threads.

Happy days are ahead. :D

Thanks! ;)

I found I was becoming obsessive. I would Analise each new tit-bit of information trying to determine of how much longer I would have to wait. It was impossible - and I was losing focus on my work. I must say I now have much greater peace of mind - That alone is worth the extra cost.

Besides, the first thing I'm going to do with my Pandora is load it with every game from my childhood - that would be my NES, SNES, GB, GBA, and Genesis collection... and all those great Quest games on ScummVm - namely Quest for Glory and Monkey Island.

Like many others here, I stopped playing games as soon as I decided I was getting a Pandora. I'm itching to play EarthBound again. :blink: *I Love that game!*

I'm itching to play a lot of games actually... Oh Pandora, why do you play so hard to get? - You know that I long to hold you... that I dream of you every night and day.

*ahem* 'scuse me. :rolleyes:

This I'm sure will keep me occupied for a good long time, and 32GB is more than enough for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats when u get it! i was hoping I would be the first South African to get 1.... guess ill be the first South African-Canadian to get 1 :D

Congrats when u get it! i was hoping I would be the first South African to get 1.... guess ill be the first South African-Canadian to get 1 :D

Oh! I didn't realize you were South African... living in Canada? ... Or are you a Canadian living in South Africa? :)

So the question is... Will my Pandora be a pioneer: To boldly go where no Pandora has gone before? B)

You are lucky to get one, Africa, the whole continent, is banned as a shipping location, you must have charmed someone ;)

I got my one nubber late last year.

still missing home while dwelling in manchester for the past *cough* years

To be honest, I think I'd like to trade places. I have British genes you see - on my father's side. I grew up feeling like I was in some strange bleak, overly sunny land (with sparse washed out vegetation)... when visiting England, it just felt so *natural* o.o I fully intend to retire in the English countryside. You lucky fish - you have overcast skies most of the time.

I loath the heat and humidity here. ... and the mosquitoes. <_<

born and raised in S.A. moved to Canada when i was 12.

What's it like there? I always fancied visiting Canada. :)

I got my one nubber late last year.

still missing home while dwelling in manchester for the past *cough* years

To be honest, I think I'd like to trade places. I have British genes you see - on my father's side. I grew up feeling like I was in some strange bleak, overly sunny land (with sparse washed out vegetation)... when visiting England, it just felt so *natural* o.o I fully intend to retire in the English countryside. You lucky fish - you have overcast skies most of the time.

I loath the heat and humidity here. ... and the mosquitoes. <_<

born and raised in S.A. moved to Canada when i was 12.

What's it like there? I always fancied visiting Canada. :)

most of it is a frozen barren wasteland with cold ice like stuff constantly pelting the earth.....

luckily i live in the warmest part of Canada. although we dont get as much snow as the rest of the country, we get like 10 times the rain!

uhhhh also rain here is cold, slow and dreary.... which sucks because i remember rain in SA and it was warm and smelt yummie and it wasnt a pain in the @$$ if you got wet! here it just sucks, as 1 South African to another, go to the states or somewhere warm

also thats my opinion, im also like 130 lbs and nothing but bones so it could be biased

Do you get polar bears in your streets every now and then? They're a real problem in our capital, Helsinki.

:p

disclaimer: I'm joking. This is something foreign people sometimes think and ask about.

We have a town up north a bit that does, but i've never seen one unfortunately.

Er, i mean they're everywhere!

:)

I just tried tracking my shipment with Royal Mail:

"Your item, posted on 16/02/11 with reference *removed* has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SOUTH AFRICA."

It is now day 10. The wait is *killing* me. I'm calling the post office in the morning. I can't take it anymore!

I waited for ages before I even ordered my Pandora, and then months before I upgraded.

Waiting the few days before it shipped was easy.

Now that it's up to the South African Postal Service, I'm stressing. :blink:

Back