Release Squared!

Thanks for putting this game on Pandora  :wub:   , look forward to seeing it polish up. I second the request for animated tiles and C4A support.

Just a quick update after the soccer match for those who are really great in this game.

(At least in this one the germans seem to loose against the french :p )

V 0.1.1.0 - 04.07.2014
supports tile values up to 65.536

Hey,

Nice update, but I got a game froze at that time (see attachment).

I think I triggered it by pressing a diagonal move.

EDIT:nope. diagonale move are fine. :(

EDIT2: sound like the freeze was related to networkManager stealing the focus...

20140706_104403_s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Très cool! B)

My top score is still only 7120 :wacko: !

I'm working on some animations ATM to make the look and feel more pleasing.

(Only new game start, end and restart animations are ready by now - So I will probably need a little time 'til the next update).

2 features requests from me :

- support for ABXY as a complement for top-down left-right (should be easy, I have been in situation where I wanted to play but only had my right hand available to do so)

- The android version support up-to 5 rollbacks per play which allow to cope with accidental movement, this would be a welcome addition

Thanks again for your feedback!

I will adress one of your request in the next version (geuss which one ;) ) which BTW will be ready soon,

(At least quicker than "Two Monthstm" - well, probably at the weekend)

OK. Here is the next release (i.e. it is on the repo)!

V0.2.0.0 - 26.07.2014
Animations
Additional controls:
- [ABXY] to move tiles
- [select] to toggle animations

I found it a little annoying that the game now ignores keys being pressed during the animation is running. :huh:

So I made a quick workaround for this: you can switch off animations completly with the [select] key. ;)

I will adress the issue in one of the following releases by implementing a key buffer,

Have fun and don't be shy to send some feedback! ^_^

At least a little progress is made, so here's a new version for you.

Only new feature is a kind of "fliping tile" animation, when two tiles "melt" together.

V0.2.1.0 - 04.08.2014
More animations

Been on holliday - and thogh there was a lot of other stuff to do I had at least a little time for coding (mostly in the early morning and on a looooong ferry trip), so here's a new version.
I implemented a key buffer, so keys pressed during anomations are still recognized.

You can now play a little quicker if you want to.

I will continue working on this, so new stuff - including C4A support - will come over time.

I am just not that fast since job, family and such do need quite some time, too ;) .

V0.2.3.0 - 24.08.2014
Keypresses during animations are now recognized

Hmm, that seems a little dangerous, since you can't guarantee that a piece won't generate in the space you were expecting to slide into. But I guess if you want to risk it you can, and if not you can just wait.

Hmm, that seems a little dangerous, since you can't guarantee that a piece won't generate in the space you were expecting to slide into. But I guess if you want to risk it you can, and if not you can just wait.
Actually, having move lost during animation was my most wanted bug to be fixed, but that's probably just me.

Very nice game, very addictive though.
wait until you get C4A support then it will get really addictive :)
No need for that, I have a girlfriend who's very keen on beating my highscores :D

That said I'm not in the league of most people in this topic I'm stuck at 63xx 

Actually, having move lost during animation was my most wanted bug to be fixed, but that's probably just me.
Well, I was thinking of this not as a bug but more as of a missing feature... -_-

But, yeah, it was the missing feature that annoyed me most. :D

BTW I got quite good at this game - my top score is somewhere above 30.000 now.

(Maybe this will speed up C4A integration a little - we'll see... <_< )

Can we have an easy mode for lamers like me? I propose two rules for placement of the new tile that will less often result in positions that require you to move your largest tile away from a corner or at least allow it to be moved back on the next move more often:

1) If there are free positions that were also free before the last move, prefer one of these to place the new tile

2) If there are combinations of position and new tile value that allow more than one move, prefer one of these for the new tile

If none of these is applicable keep the current random placement.

Also, doing the opposite should make the game harder.

Thanks for your feedback _jr_

I will keep something like that in mind for later but I won't promise anything ;) .

Different game modes will definitely come somewhen.
At least a mode with a 5x5 board will be very easy to do - and will be siginificantly easier to play, too, since there is much more space on the board.

You will have to be patient though, since my time for this is rally limited and I want to do a couple of other things first.

(some more animations, C4A...)

Thanks for working on it. I can wait, the game is a great time waster already :)

Back