Release Space Rocks!

I'd say the reduced shield bounce was the main thing.  I was clearly dying less often than normal as I managed to keep all my weapons fully charged for quite a lot of the game.

Probably also helped that I took a few breaks from the game during my playthrough.  I do prefer the shield bounce this way too - makes it a much more useful powerup.  I generally ended up dying once at the start of the later levels when I got overloaded with too many small rocks in a small space, but after one life I'd generally cleared out enough of them (using the new beam weapon) to make it survivable.

Uploading Space Rocks! 1.1.3.0 to repo now. I added minor graphical tuning to the darkest asteroid theme to make it a bit more visible compared to the recent test version.

Yes. When you exit the game it uploads the highest score you have if you have network connection and it hasn't been uploaded yet.

New Space Rocks! 1.2.0.0 is now available in the repo

New stuff:

• New sparrowNet based C4A support that uploads all non-uploaded scores to C4A after every game
  • This update WILL RESET YOUR LOCAL HIGH SCORES due to change in high score format