Release ProjectX: Forsaken

The gameplay here is fun and the speed of the game is excellent, I just need to upgrade to the newer SGX driver because I am getting flickering in the screen. I just downloaded the PND file for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Seb, this is an unexpected surprise. I wasn't even aware it had been open sourced B)

I bought this game on the PC years ago but could never get my flight stick working with it at the time and my comp was too slow. I also accidentally stepped on the CD before I could get both of the problems sorted out and never got to actually play the game past the first level.

I'm really looking forward to hammering this one when my Pandora arrives.

Cheers Seb, this is an unexpected surprise. I wasn't even aware it had been open sourced B)

I bought this game on the PC years ago but could never get my flight stick working with it at the time and my comp was too slow. I also accidentally stepped on the CD before I could get both of the problems sorted out and never got to actually play the game past the first level.

I'm really looking forward to hammering this one when my Pandora arrives.
You'll be surprised by the speed of it on the Pandora then :)

The Pandora nubs are not as precise as a flight stick (and sensibility have to be improved a bit I think), but once used to it, it's quite playable :)

That's quite ironic.

The problem that I had with the original was that the stick was way too sensitive. I couldn't turn a corner without bashing into the walls, and shooting anyone was down to pure chance. I spent about 3 days looking for ways to slow it down but gave up when I found out it was impossible.

This is why I love it when companies release the source code for older games :D

That's quite ironic.

The problem that I had with the original was that the stick was way too sensitive. I couldn't turn a corner without bashing into the walls, and shooting anyone was down to pure chance. I spent about 3 days looking for ways to slow it down but gave up when I found out it was impossible.

This is why I love it when companies release the source code for older games :D
The other irony is, that this is the reason why I always played it with mouse and there you had to scroll three times over the whole mousepad to turn around,

that's when I started simply using the mouse on the table.

New build.

I finally fixed the (very annoying) mouse problem when loading a save games.

It's a new compilation, I hope no Bus Error will sudenly appears.

v1.18.0.02

-------------

• Bumped version number to offical version number
  • Moved "left_nub" and "right_nub" to the appdata/projectx (compatible with pndconfig)
  • Fixed the problem after loading a saved game, where mouse was not grabbed

Just because a game is open source does not make it free to distribute the retail version. It seems that many people are too dumb to understand the concept of open source, it seems.

Hmmm. The website states, that the original code is considered "abandonware" while most of the code replacements they did are covered under the gpl.

No word about the assets.

Just because a game is open source does not make it free to distribute the retail version. It seems that many people are too dumb to understand the concept of open source, it seems.
Do some searching. Music and cut scenes are not opensource. Rest is.

Hi Ptitseb here btw did i found a great Game on SourceForge:

Segas Crazy Taxi,but found no Information about Opensource there:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/crazytaxi/

When its open will it be a very good addition for your perfect ported Games ;)
Hum, sorry, but this doesn't look like a "legit opensource software", but more like an "let's say it's abandonware" kind of release. No sources, no licences, no nothing, only exe and data packed together. I think it will desapear from sourceforge soon.

But if'm wrong, please feel free to correct me, and I will gladly port it (Crazy Taxi is a good game).

Crazy Taxi is indeed a great game(one of my Dreamcast faves), wonder would it run well on Pandora though?

Hi Ptitseb here btw did i found a great Game on SourceForge:Segas Crazy Taxi,but found no Information about Opensource there:http://sourceforge.net/projects/crazytaxi/
Hum, sorry, but this doesn't look like a "legit opensource software", but more like an "let's say it's abandonware" kind of release. No sources, no licences, no nothing, only exe and data packed together. I think it will desapear from sourceforge soon.But if'm wrong, please feel free to correct me, and I will gladly port it (Crazy Taxi is a good game).
Thx for looking,was just an Idea.Had a little Hope for OpenSouce because i found it on SourceForge ;)
Crazy Taxi is indeed a great game(one of my Dreamcast faves), wonder would it run well on Pandora though?
I had a Dreamcast Emulator running on Pandora.There can you see how fast its running on an max overclocked Rebirth Pandora.
Search in my Youtube Account.
Tested it not with the GHZ Editon and tried it not with Chainfire3D in this Video and normal Sysspeed.

Aaand Ontopic ;)Thx again for porting us such a nice Game PtitSeb ;)

Hi Ptitseb here btw did i found a great Game on SourceForge:

Segas Crazy Taxi,but found no Information about Opensource there:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/crazytaxi/

Hum, sorry, but this doesn't look like a "legit opensource software", but more like an "let's say it's abandonware" kind of release. No sources, no licences, no nothing, only exe and data packed together. I think it will desapear from sourceforge soon.

But if'm wrong, please feel free to correct me, and I will gladly port it (Crazy Taxi is a good game).
HA! Looks who's talking, you're distributing commercial game files with your port. It's all this piracy shit that has made me decide to abandon this platform, between stuff like that, and the sale of games in the repo like duke nukem that you people don't have the commercial rights to.

I am not sure about ProjectX but they have the rights for DukeNukem and the other Apogee games.

They are sold by GCW. The GCW guys made a deal with 3D Realms to resell those games.

The pnds even needed to be approved by 3D Realms before release.

So stop talking about stuff you have no clue about.

Back