DSC02612.JPG

DSC02611.JPG

DSC02610.JPG

DSC02609.JPG

DSC02607.JPG

DSC02606.JPG

DSC02605.JPG

DSC02604.JPG

Loots of Pictures, my poor lame internet..

Im happy to see your booth had lots of visitors and they even wants to play whit this weyrd old Games whitout Touchscreen or Achiefments but whit these preehistoric Controllers...

Wasnt this a bit dangourus for the Pyra Prototyphe which should be cost a bit of money??

And which games were used in the K101 Plus, and where they original Cardridge or SD Card??

The eMMC bus is theoretically capable of up to 208MB/s.  The uSD UHS-II speed that the SOC is theoretically capable of supporting is 104MB/s.

eMMC memory is available in speeds from 2 to 150+ MB/s.  The faster and larger the chip, the more expensive it is.  At this time, to my knowledge, ED hasn't announced what chip he's using.  The Kingston eMMC in the dev boards, from a cited metrics standpoint is, for lack of a better term, crap.

Interesting. I thought the Pandora uses eMMC and I find it very very slow. But when eMMC can be faster than we can hope that the Pyra will have at least a little bit faster built in Storage. Everything would be better than the memory speeds of an Pandora.

Here they are :)
Ahri!   :wub:  (Pic 5)

I'm more impressed by 7-way Daytona on Flatscreens (emulated, I assume). I've only ever seen a real 4-way one of those, and only with at most two people on them at a time IIRC.

Edit: Unless it's just the xbox/psn version I just read about :(

Last edited by a moderator:
 It's always nice to see girls interested in Video Games. :) ED surely knows how to get the attention of the female Convention visitors. :D

I'm more impressed by 7-way Daytona on Flatscreens (emulated, I assume). I've only ever seen a real 4-way one of those, and only with at most two people on them at a time IIRC.

Edit: Unless it's just the xbox/psn version I just read about :(
Now that you mention it, are these guys all playing in ONE game? Would be indeed very impressive. (good) Multiplayer support in Emulators is not always given.

Does anyone know what's the transparent keyboard-thingy in Pic 15?

Edit: Please stay on-topic, and keep comments in good taste - Binky

Pic 12 seems to be Sams Journey for C64?

I was waiting for something like Mayhem in Monsterland for a long time, ;)

Now that you mention it, are these guys all playing in ONE game? Would be indeed very impressive. (good) Multiplayer support in Emulators is not always given.
Yes, it's an emulator, but modified with memory injection so multiplayer works.

These guys have the original hardware and analyzed how the networking works directly in the hardware.

They also have a live view monitor available - something Daytona didn't even support.

Yes, it's an emulator, but modified with memory injection so multiplayer works.

These guys have the original hardware and analyzed how the networking works directly in the hardware.

They also have a live view monitor available - something Daytona didn't even support.
Guess its running on pc computers?

I thought the Pandora uses eMMC and I find it very very slow
Slow is very relative, but it does use eMMC but instead of the Pyra's 200Mhz BUS the Pandora has a 48MHz bus. I think it may only be 4 bit as well though (but I can't find where in the datasheet it actually specifies) so at best it has a 24MB/s transfer speed (or 48MB if it does use all 8 bits), same as the SD cards: in practice the SD cards max out at 16MB/s and I think the eMMC is the same.The Pyra has 7 years of advancements to take advantage of, the bus is over 4 times faster, double the width, with actual eMMC chips to match.

I'm with Grench on this, the whole argument in favour of eMMC vs uSD was speed and it would make no sense to get something that couldn't exceed at least the SD slots maximum. If it's price limited and the options are small and fast vs big and slow(ish) my vote is on small and fast: we've got two normal (slower) SDHC slots we can take advantage of for extended storage, just as it is on the Pandora, if we really want more space.

What's that bike racing game on 3rd pic ? Can't wait for the upcoming news following Ptitseb's visit and the PCBs arrival.

3rd pic is Super Burnout for Atari Jaguar.

I mean from EvilDragons post.

Back