Some GamesCom Retro-Area pictures

As far as I recall, DS emulators didn't have ARM recompilers before DraStic, they were all interpreted which is painfully slow. Exophase wrote an ARM recompiler which gave the initial huge boost to speed, and then it was tweaks and cleverness form then on to improve performance further, little by little.

Dolphin, on the other hand, does have an ARM recompiler, there's no sudden burst of speed to be gained: it's already into the "tweaks and cleverness" which usually only gives little bits of speed boost here and there.

The two emulators are in different situations, what happened with DraStic won't happen with Dolphin. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement in Dolphin, it'll just be slow going, shaving percentages of CPU usage.
The different version of PCSX all had an ARM dynarec. Even the 1st one on craigx repo had one. The PCSX from the wiz-caanoo comunity had a newer and better one. Yet Notaz used Ari64's one in its famous pcsx reARMed which improved speed and compatibility dramatically. So 3 dynarec, 3 performances results. The one in Dolphin might be rewriten to gain speed (or not, dont ask me I would nt know). But be sure of one thing : wrtting a dynarec is a year*s* long project...

Here's some retro and non-retro pics.

I'll make a hi-res .zip archive later.

re_DSC06418.JPG

re_DSC06419.JPG

re_DSC06420.JPG

re_DSC06421.JPG

re_DSC06422.JPG

re_DSC06423.JPG

re_DSC06424.JPG

re_DSC06425.JPG

re_DSC06426.JPG

re_DSC06427.JPG

Nice pictures, Linux-SWAT,

Unfortunately you photographed less cosplay girls than in the last years though ;)

Back