Here you go :)

Some pictures I made at our booth:

DSC02541.JPGDSC02542.JPGDSC02544.JPGDSC02545.JPG

DSC02546.JPGDSC02547.JPGDSC02548.JPGDSC02549.JPG

DSC02550.JPGDSC02551.JPGDSC02553.JPGDSC02554.JPG
DSC02555.JPGDSC02557.JPGDSC02558.JPGDSC02565.JPG

Something nice for fans of Game&Watch Games (not my own, sadly):

DSC02559.JPGDSC02560.JPGDSC02562.JPGDSC02561.JPG

The retrodePi looked very good, and worked like a charm. (and the retrode used usb so you can probably use it on other non-pi devices to)

Why didn't anyone mention this : Sonic 2 played... WITH A SNES CONTROLLER !? HERESY !!!

The prototype is way cool. Can't wait to see the CPU addition working.

I still can't believe that so much is done by a so small device. Even after a year of following you guys and even with a video shoved into my face.  :lol:

This is awesome. Keep on the great job and rock the GamesCom !

I don't really have a use for the RetroPi, however I love the idea, and it looks nice .  I hope it sells well.  I might pick one up eventually.  

I just watched the video.  The Pyra is looking awesome.  It seems to have a completely different appearance when closed than the Pandora.  For now I will assume it is because it is printed, but I think I would like it to look that way.  It almost looks like an improvement over the Pandora case (I guess it is) that is more "friendly" and utilitarian while still being appealing.

I was having a conversation with someone where they mentioned it felt nice.  Do you know if it would be possible to have a bit of roughness to the texture of the case, and would you consider doing this?

Thanks, as usual, for sharing everything. :D

I wanted to say something that is a bit Peter Griffin-like about the video, so I will limit it to "that microphone looks interesting from down here". :p

ED, is there anything new running on the Pyra devboard in this year?
Well, Exagear with Wine and it's already the standard OS (no hacked up thing) that's running on it.

Ptitseb wants to try some stuff today as well.

ED, How far away do you think the Kickstarter for the RetrodePi will be?
I only need to finish the video (half-way through with it), then we're set.

Don't forget the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/89cZHdEO-p8?feature=oembed

Also Sonic2 could be played with the megadrive controller, you can connect multiple types at the same time, but if it has all the buttons I guess it would work either way.

I didn't know I wanted one until I had seen it in action.

Exagear can be used to run windows applications, it's like a combination of a tweaked QEMU and Wine (x86 emulator + windows emulator*). But it does not do 3D, so out of luck for running all your pc games.

The company building it runs Skype for x86 on arm-linux as a demo, so I guess people running applications from their office portfolio might get really lucky with this tooling.

But I would guess a lot of non-game applications are suitable to run on the pyra, who knows maybe you can run visual studio on it or microsoft office applications (which is a big deal for some people that aren't happy using LibreOffice).

(*for sake of explaining what it is without going into details why it isn't an emulator)

Also Ptitseb is there (more nice people are there of course!), due to him I could play half-life on my pandora in the waiting line. Thanks for that :)

(Also played some jazzjack rabbit 2 done by Notaz, also: thanks you Notaz)

Back