Some GamesCom Retro-Area pictures

I have an SX-64! I love those things.
That is the one I really want.  I would be happy with any model, though. 
Check ebay. I got mine as a gift, but that's where they got it.
I won't be getting one any time soon unless it is really cheap.  I am also a bit short on a proper space for it at this time.  Too many other computers and consoles, not enough shelves.

Edit:  ED, I see you you playing games over there.  Get to work. :p

So many cool things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how Eclipse with Android SDK and emulator would run on the Pyra.

That's the point, but you missed something.

I work with that on my 5 year old laptop. 2Ghz dualcore and 8GB RAM. I allocated Eclipse 2 GB memory (much more than required) and the emulator 1GB. Emulating ARM on an Intel machine is very slowly, but for the Pyra it's native.

So If the Pyra could almost compete with that, it would be perfect for me.

Great pics! Too bad I couldn't be there.

A side note: The picture of Petro Tyschtschenko from the first post doesn't work.

[Here's a prayer to Notaz to reverse-engineer PCSX2 into PCSX2 ReARMed]

Sorry if I offended anyone

Here's a prayer to Notaz to reverse-engineer PCSX2 into PCSX2 ReARMed
PCSX2 is open source, so no need to reverse-engeneer :) But this emulator is too slow on desktop, optimizing this one to a playable will be a huge pain if ever reachable.

The problem with PS2 emuation is the number of chip to emulate and all the sync that have to be done between all these to have a correct emulation.

Dont keep your expectation too high, but one can dream :)

PCSX2 is open source, so no need to reverse-engeneer :)
But this emulator is too slow on desktop, optimizing this one to a playable will be a huge pain if ever reachable.

The problem with PS2 emuation is the number of chip to emulate and all the sync that have to be done between all these to have a correct emulation.

You can expect full speed 3DO emulation :D

Apart from that:

- full speed PSP,

- full speed Dreamcast

- full speed DS (without frameskip)

- full speed N64 (it's not really the case on Pandora yet)

- full speed PSX emulation with increased resolution + filters

- Probably decent speed for Windows games (Diablo II and stuff like that) running in Qemu

That's already a lot :)

Hey Ekianjo and 3do,you mean realy that Sailormoon Fighting Game will runn fullspeed ? ;)

That would be nice ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega Saturn honestly I cannot tell. I have not studied that system very much, so I don't have any opinnion on what to expect on Pyra with this system.

No love for Sega Saturn anyone
I'm no expert but this would be a tough one to pull off at playable speeds. This is based purely on my limited experience of trying a Saturn Emulator with a Quad Core 3.0Ghz Windows desktop a few years ago. Saying that, I'd have called anyone who thought we could get playable NDS on a CC Pandora a fool until seeing it for myself. :)

PCSX2 is open source, so no need to reverse-engeneer :)
But this emulator is too slow on desktop, optimizing this one to a playable will be a huge pain if ever reachable.

How many times we've got surprised by the devs? I remeber the time, when nobody believed that a NDS Emulator would ever work. Then Drastic came out. (Yay!) The community also cried for real Minecraft on the Pandora, also there nobody believed it would work, but see what we've got now :D Maybe there would be a lot to do to create such an emulator, but I believe it would work (soon) :)

Back