SoC: Back and forth!

Page 49

People are still debating about which SoC to use?
I hope not. ^^ Everyone should know that the OMAP5 is used but somehow this mysterious A80 seems to be still mentioned. I'm not sure if this strange thins is even real but it has fans it seems. :D

A80 Linux drivers seem to already have an answer.
Well no it really doesn't. shoehorning in android drivers is less than ideal.
 Less than ideal, sure. However, the "ideal" is the best of the best situation. That's why it is called the ideal. Unless you have some real OS experience with libhybris, I don't think you'd be able to tell us how far from that ideal it really is.

But waiting until the A80 is out mean that the dragon box will die... I dont understand how that many person cant graps that :(
People can't grasp what isn't true. EvilDragon wouldn't even have contacted AllWinner if the release dates they have been giving were far enough away to kill the Pyra just waiting for the SoC.

-God Ginrai

thread%20cursed.jpg

I'd love to get some kind of idea of the performance levels we can expect from Omap 5, however I'm struggling to find any consumer devices (phones / tablets / PC Sticks etc.) that use it, are there any? If not, are there any SOC's with a similar 'level of performance' that are used in such devices?

Basically similar to all Exynos 5 Dualcore devices:

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12

Google Nexus 10

Arndale Board

Huins ACHRO 5250 Exynos

Freelander PD800 HD

Voyo A15

HP Chromebook 11

Samsung Homesync

Basically similar to all Exynos 5 Dualcore devices...
Thanks ED, that sounds great, it might be worth pointing out that Pyra will have a similar level of performance as a Nexus 10 when doing your marketing IMHO.

Basically similar to all Exynos 5 Dualcore devices...
Thanks ED, that sounds great, it might be worth pointing out that Pyra will have a similar level of performance as a Nexus 10 when doing your marketing IMHO.
If you see how well everything runs on Pandora it is pretty likely that some stuff might run a lot better.

Padnews cn shows that the new onda tablet with A80 almost score 50000 in benchmark

I've been gone for a while. Seems the A80 is finally out. What are the new opinions about it?

Back