So Who Got Their Psp's Already? (us Ones I Mean)

PSP shipped from Japan post office today, flight to heathrow leaves late tonight!

My final PSP bundle came in at £252, for this i got:

PSP Standard Pack
32mb Memory Duo Card
Hard Case
Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth
THUG2 Remix
Ridge Racers
Tiger Woods 2005

All shipped to my door.

not a bad price compared to what it probably will cost once it gets released in europe :lol:

when the heck will Lik-sang have untold legends in stock!?

It still says 24th of Mars, also several other psp titles are set to 24th mars still not in stock <_<

you sorted out the whole import tax thing?

PSP shipped from Japan post office today, flight to heathrow leaves late tonight!

My final PSP bundle came in at £252, for this i got:

PSP Standard Pack
32mb Memory Duo Card
Hard Case
Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth
THUG2 Remix
Ridge Racers
Tiger Woods 2005

???

shhhhhhh

urm... no.

all the accessories (sp?) are shipped from within the UK, great as they're they cheapest ones anyway.

i've got the PSP marked as a $50 gift (expecting this to back fire awesomely) and the games are being sent USPS which has always worked great for me so i'm living on a prayer.

another day...

another potential haxxor browser shows up

Engadget

4192211565476411.JPG

Attachments

• 4192211565476411.JPG
    4192211565476411.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 186
Just bought mine, PSP including Ridge Racers.

To cut the cost down i've had to cut out the memory stick and go with the standard pack, providing I use the mains to power the PSP at home and just put it into sleep mode, will that matter too much, until I can actually afford one? :lol:

I got mine on the 24th, shipped from EBgames. Except for 1 lit pixel, it's perfect.

As far as the ghosting, I only notice it in Untold Legends, where there's a black area, but it's really not that bad. I also watched Spiderman 2, and could see no ghosting .... it was a bit uncomfortable holding the thing in bed for ~2 hours :lol:

could it be my unit!? everyone i've shown it to acknowledges the ghosting while watching vids.
also, you see more ghosting when you play a vid right after powerng for the first time in a while, then if you were to play the vid after having the thing on for a while. might be that the pixels need a warmup, heh?

edit, the wipeout browser hack!! oh yeah, this game gets better and better!

it's not just you, it's just that it only really ghosts with dark images, so for many videos and most games, which are very brightly colored, you dont see it a lot. Metal Gear Acid and Untold Legends are very dark games in general so they seem to ghost a LOT more, but Ape Escape I dont notice ANY, except on the loading screen which is all black with a monkey sitting there dancing, then you see the monkey ghosting.

Now that I've played Untold Legends for a couple hours I'm starting to agree more with the Gamespot review, it's fun but it does get a LITTLE repetitive and the writing is pretty bland and generic... still all the fun of old school gauntlet however but with the added bonus of constantly finding/looting new gear to upgrade with. If only theyd made the game brighter... it can be very hard to see in any bright conditions even on the brightest screen setting.

PSP game designers REALLY ought to start putting gamma adjustment sliders into their options menus... I figure they aren't because they figure the brightness adjustment of the system is enough, but some games are still just way too dark to see if you're outside on a sunny day... push that brightness button all you want you just aint gonna be able to see them well. I can play ape escape and wipeout in any lighting though....

Yeah it would have been nice if sony had made their own gamma contrast, hardware wise. It's a must for portables.

speaking of memory sticks,i just successfully connected my 40gb iriver with a memory stick reader,meaning i can have at least 20gb worth of movies on my iriver and just transfer it back and forth swapping movies on the go,wich is sweet.

A long time ago i posted a thread regarding the PSP screen possibly not being true 16:9 format, well... and this is probably pretty stupid to post, but a bit more evidence that this is really the case...

When you start up the Spiderman 2 movie included with the Value Pack, it says "This move has been modified from it's original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen." In every case it's ever been used, this sentence applies to changing the screen ration of the original (16:9) to fit... well usually, a 4:3 TV screen. So in this case it must mean that they had to edit/crop the picture at least a little bit to fit the screen... hence, the PSP screen must not be true 16:9... which is probably why I had such a hard time getting movies (DVD rips, true 16:9) to show up when run from the memory stick w/o them appearing slightly squished vertically.

i played this guys ds at school and it is SHIT. mario is shit on it, its just not fun anymore and that metroid game is horrible to control and play.

EDIT:: haha wrong thread but it doesnt matter, the psp will definately be better

bringoutthegimp posted on Mar 27 2005 at 02:40 PM said:
i played this guys ds at school and it is SHIT. mario is shit on it, its just not fun anymore and that metroid game is horrible to control and play.

EDIT:: haha wrong thread but it doesnt matter, the psp will definately better

is :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bast525 posted on Mar 27 2005 at 09:07 AM said:
A long time ago i posted a thread regarding the PSP screen possibly not being true 16:9 format, well... and this is probably pretty stupid to post, but a bit more evidence that this is really the case...

When you start up the Spiderman 2 movie included with the Value Pack, it says "This move has been modified from it's original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen." In every case it's ever been used, this sentence applies to changing the screen ration of the original (16:9) to fit... well usually, a 4:3 TV screen. So in this case it must mean that they had to edit/crop the picture at least a little bit to fit the screen... hence, the PSP screen must not be true 16:9... which is probably why I had such a hard time getting movies (DVD rips, true 16:9) to show up when run from the memory stick w/o them appearing slightly squished vertically.

I beleive the ratio is actually a proportional measurement, I read some indepth thing about the PSP video someplace else on how even if it had AV out for a TV the picture would still be smaller than the screen because of the way the Resolution is read. (I dont remember all the details)

As for Memstick playback Sony specifically hindered this to make it less attractive to just buy dvd and rip them down to the stick. If you could do this and maintain the aspect ratio then no one would buy UMD movies. (of course this probably still wont stop people from not buying them!)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok,just a quick question.what software do you guys use to rip dvds and put them on psp.i'm ok with encoding movies for psp,i wanted to know what's the best(free) software available,thanks

Back