Used Ds's Flooding Local Game Stores...

Actually the 87,000 units sold were for the first day. As for me i am getting frustrated bout the lack of new games and the waiting time for them to come out. I mean the next set of DS games are to be launched middle to the end of may and continue till the end of june. But its not long to wait. Go out and buy something like Polarium or zoo keeper to keep u happy. But as soon as may comes that when the better games will start to come out. As for the PSP UK launch its still supposedly june as Ubisoft have several of their PSP games on the release list for june.
Ow and if the PSP is innovative then wat bout the GP32. the gp32 doesn't take cartridges so that must mean its innovative. <_<

lol, yes the GP32 was innovative, remember it was released in 2001 i believe and able to play movies, mp3, games, emulators, well ahead of anything else at the time. May not be innovative now, but back then it was.

Sorry, i just think that a portable running a cd is cool.

KickinWing posted on Apr 12 2005 at 07:59 PM said:
lol, yes the GP32 was innovative, remember it was released in 2001 i believe and able to play movies, mp3, games, emulators, well ahead of anything else at the time. May not be innovative now, but back then it was.

Sorry, i just think that a portable running a cd is cool.

It is cool, but hardly innovative.

Last edited by a moderator:
how bout the gba then. that was able to play movies, mp3's and emu's and of course every handheld can play games. But the PSP isnt really running a cd. well ok theoretically it is but it is in a case and so it isnt really using a cd like a proper cd. Anyway where's the cheapest place (internet site) to get a PSP?

KickinWing posted on Apr 12 2005 at 08:09 PM said:
other than a pumped up pocket pc, what portable game system could do what the GP32 could back in 2001?

Nah sorry, I meant using UMD's, not the GP32.

finty posted on Apr 12 2005 at 08:35 PM said:
UMD is completely differant from CD, doesn't shit and chocolate look similar?

Depending on whether or not your shit stinks or not, They may even smell similar.

Trooper

GBA was released in June of 01 and i don't remember being able to play movies or emulators or anything on it then. Flash carts weren't introduced until a couple years ago??? I'm not sure on this. BUt i know the GBA couldn't do what the GP32 could when it was released.

Ganepark32 posted on Apr 12 2005 at 07:28 PM said:
how bout the gba then.

god you people will use ANYTHING!Can't you just let go for once?

I think its retarted how some people are bitchin at the PSP's ability to play movies and music and not being a "true" game machine when MANY other modern day consoles do the same thing...
including nintendo's GBA/SP which has official videos(GBAVideo) and Music(Add-on MP3 Player)

heres a GBA movie/music player made directly by nintendo
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=6239

Mark posted on Apr 13 2005 at 04:36 AM said:
Look:

The DS has had the best UK launch in history.
It has had the best launch in Australia.
The Japanese and American launchs sold an absolute ton.

Kickinwig, 87,000 sold in 5 months? LOL, it sold that within the first weekend in the UK alone.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/artic...article_id=7462

And Bast, there were far more DS's than PSP's avalible pretty much everywhere. If you can prove it I'd like to see it.

Kickinwig, non-cartridge is innovation? Wow, that must have taken alot of thinking of. And, you know what, the Nintendo DS doesn't take cartridges-it takes a flash card wrapped in plastic. Not a cartridge.It moved from many DS's being traded in to PSP vs DS. I don't get how that happens.

If anyone of you don't like the DS, then just sell it and talking shit.

Best launch in australia? All i can say is bullshit I live in the country, I don't care what the stats are, the DS is a steaming flop here. Its got no shelf space in any store and theres no demo units anywhere, only a few games available, DS's piled up in the local Kmart and Target, plus I haven't seen one even once in public. The best launch was the PS2 by far. Ah fuckit I'm outta this thread.

kotd posted on Apr 12 2005 at 11:52 PM said:
Look:

Kickinwig, 87,000 sold in 5 months? LOL, it sold that within the first weekend in the UK alone.

And Bast, there were far more DS's than PSP's avalible pretty much everywhere. If you can prove it I'd like to see it.

Kickinwig, non-cartridge is innovation? Wow, that must have taken alot of thinking of. And, you know what, the Nintendo DS doesn't take cartridges-it takes a flash card wrapped in plastic. Not a cartridge.It moved from many DS's being traded in to PSP vs DS. I don't get how that happens.

I don't care what the stats are,
yeah. good point.

holy christ.... I can't believe how f'ing retarded this has gotten in the space of a few hours. Well whatever... think I'm just gonna stay out of this one as well. I just felt like sharing something I saw, I thought it was a trip and I was pretty surprised to see so many traded in DS's like that. But somehow people gotta take it all personal and get all flipped out about it :angry: Whatever, you guys keep holding on tight to your DS's and telling yourselves just how much better they are. And even if the DS does end up doing better than the PSP in the UK... why do I care, that's IN THE F'ING UK! Here, the PSP is clearly ahead. But even then, why do I care? I have both, I like them both, I don't need to justify my only owning one of them by constantly arguing and trying to prove how my choice was the better choice. I made the BEST choice, I bought both, and will get to play all the great games that each of them has and enjoy them while you guys sit around bickering about how much better one is or has sold than the other.

declaration posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:43 AM said:
kotd posted on Apr 12 2005 at 11:52 PM said:
Look:

I don't care what the stats are,
yeah. good point.

Yeah if you have a brain the size of a peanut you would think that statistics aren't fabricated in any way would you? "lies, damned lies and statistics"? I can see whats happening with the DS in Australia and it reminds me of the game gear and lynx. Anyway this is the final post.

Alpha2 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 04:42 AM said:
Dude, what did you expect to happen?

I dunno... I thought it interesting, maybe I thought others might find it interesting as well. I'd find it JUST as much interesting had it been 8 used PSP's sitting there for sale in such a short time and would have posted that too if that's what it had been. It just seemed really atypical to me and being as this is a forum mostly populated by gamers I thought that someone else might find this of interest. But no, you're right, I should have expected the Nintendo fans to get their feelings hurt (I'm attacking their system! I must be attacking them personally!!) and for it to just degrade into a "X system is best! Y system sucks!" war... it is getting to a point where you almost can't post anything regarding one system or the other at all here. Kinda sucks being as this is the "Other Consoles" board.

And IMO, the GP32 was and is still pretty innovative. I mean, it's the first open source handheld ever, isn't it? Being such makes it seem more innovative than either the DS or the PSP IMO. The first handheld game system intended to run off of reflashable media, and yeah of course the multimedia capabilities beat the PSP to the punch by a long ways. It's a crying shame that commercial companies never really bit into the system... seems to me it could have easily matched or come very close to PS1/DS quality graphics and games...

This thread was doomed from the start.

Christ bast525, first you say 'oh my god it was just an observation I wasn't trolling' then 'PSP is clearly in the lead' in the same bloody paragraph! You were arguing as bad as anyone else in this thread.

Let's take a look at Mark's rather innocent and factual reply.

Mark posted on Apr 12 2005 at 03:54 PM said:
Great, so the DS was the best launch ever in the UK... beating out the PSP by a landslide... oh wait!! PSP HASN'T EVEN LAUNCHED IN THE UK YET!!! What a comparison! Wow... you're right, I'm the one with the retarded logic. Let the PSP launch in the UK and then see if you can still say that. And anyways Mark didn't specify in the UK or anything like that, I quote: "The DS is the most successful console launch ever".

Total numbers worldwide I'm POSITIVE the PSP sold more units at it's respective launches compared to the DS and has sold more units total up to this point. I have very little doubt that the PSP launch in the UK will beat the DS launch, as long as they do for you like they did here in the US and make enough systems available.

In the meantime, you say there are more used PS2's available around where you live because Sony has sold more PS2's... so it's a ratio thing, right? Well me and my retarded logic again... now I coulda swore that last I checked more PSP's had been sold in the last month total, than DS's have been sold since it's November launch, total. In other words, there are already more PSP owners in the US than DS owners. Now by YOUR logic Mattmagoo, as with Mark's, shouldn't we be seeing more used PSP's available than DS's? Truth is it has nothing to do with that... there aren't so many used DS's being traded in because so many have been sold, there are so many being traded in because at the moment the library of games for the thing, quite simply, SUCKS ASS. I'm NOT saying all the games suck ass individually, but the selection is pitiful for a system five months old and almost ALL of the third party games BLOW. THAT"S why people are trading them in. You want to get even more pissed off? Take a good guess what the people who traded them in are using that store credit to buy

Guess not.

Back