So Where Are We On The Roadmap

Phawx

Professional Derailer
A look at the roadmap with some extra stuff in red

* Case Design: January 15th (check)
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later (check)
* Deadline for Re-orders - Feb 6th (OP has to be notified they have been sent payment by this date to be flexible?)
* CNC Prototype ordered Feb 2nd.
* CNC Prototype Arrival Feb 9th -16th
* CNC Prototype Test conclusion Feb 26th - March 2nd
* FCC/CE Testing - Won't delay first batch

* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later (If CNC is cleared for launch)

I'd say the unofficial blog is probably pretty close.

It seems fair that the roadmap be updated with best estimates as the deadline for pre-ordering has been set.

Otherwise people reading the official sources of information would have the right to assume they pay within one week of today and their unit will be delivered within two to four weeks of today. (Which doesn't sound terribly likely - ED has even 'confirmed' an April date)

I dunno what they're doing about the FCC testing, but the CNC prototypes will probably be ordered in a few days once they're certain the FDM case does everything it should. I suspect it will take another week at least to machine and ship the CNC case, then a few days to do final double-checks on that, then mass production will happen.

lulzfish said:
I dunno what they're doing about the FCC testing, but the CNC prototypes will probably be ordered in a few days once they're certain the FDM case does everything it should. I suspect it will take another week at least to machine and ship the CNC case, then a few days to do final double-checks on that, then mass production will happen.

That would be a very similar point in time to what craigix described here:
craigix said:
So soon we will have a cut off date and then manufacture the Pandoras paid for to that point. We don't really have a choice in this, it's the only way forward which will work in a safe way.

The final prototype Pandora (ie the last one before mass production) will be shown before the cut off date :)

I dunno, still seems like they should have done the CNC before final pre-orders. That's when the hardware is truly finalised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
i think they are just going with the anthausiasm generated by the video
What? Enthusiasm? And even than it doesn't make much sense. Please Explain.

Cragix stated that they're ordering the CNC on monday.
We should think that with the New chinese Year "delay" (yes, maybe I used this word in a wrong way) we cannot expect the prototype to be here in only a week...

according to the german shop, the pandora will be 'in stock' april 1st. given the date it might be a bit tounge-in-cheek, but on the ohter hand, it is at leasr kind of half official...

hch said:
according to the german shop, the pandora will be 'in stock' april 1st. given the date it might be a bit tounge-in-cheek, but on the ohter hand, it is at leasr kind of half official...
Well, it seems that ED is confident that the Pandora will be available before March is out.

Phawx said:
* FCC/CE Testing ?Date?
FCC testing will probably happen after the CNC case shows up. As I've said before, the prototype needs to be really final before it can be submitted.

Luckily, FCC testing isn't required for "import" items, so however long testing takes, it will not slow down the first batch at all.

Chip said:
Phawx said:
* FCC/CE Testing ?Date?
FCC testing will probably happen after the CNC case shows up. As I've said before, the prototype needs to be really final before it can be submitted.

Luckily, FCC testing isn't required for "import" items, so however long testing takes, it will not slow down the first batch at all.

Wow, I didn't know that. That is some good news. Hopefully that will clear up some people's fears of a longer delay.

Chip said:
Phawx said:
* FCC/CE Testing ?Date?

That is awesome news!

Phawx said:
Chip said:
Phawx said:
* FCC/CE Testing ?Date?

That is awesome news!

+1 niiiicceee

Chip said:

Very nice. Thanks for stopping all the confusion.

Phawx said:
* CNC Prototype Arrival Feb 9th -16th
* CNC Prototype Test conclusion Feb 26th - March 2nd
Woah wait, where'd those estimates come from?

Chip said:
Phawx said:
* FCC/CE Testing ?Date?

what about the CE testing?

If it's made in the US are you sure it can be classified as an 'import' for US buyers?

From the official blog (post titled "We're part of a story..."):
The first prototype will be used to do FCC and CE testing, so don't worry about that.

So yes, they will be getting FCC and CE approval.

Back