So NOW that we have an even BETTER understanding of what's going on...

notyu1459

Still Fresh
I asked this, what, like two months back? Well, I thought we had a better grip on the situation, but we didn't. Well, now everything seems to be a little more clear, yes? Not perfect, but still, it's better than it was before.

So, judging by my place in line (2200-2300), when can I expect my Pandora?

Most certainly before Chistmas. (Year intentionally not specifided :P)

But on a more serious note, having followed the project for so long, you should probably know that it's a pretty pointless question. We never know what new adventures and obstaces our four heroes might face next week, so just sit back and enjoy the show! :lol:

I asked this, what, like two months back? Well, I thought we had a better grip on the situation, but we didn't. Well, now everything seems to be a little more clear, yes? Not perfect, but still, it's better than it was before.

So, judging by my place in line (2200-2300), when can I expect my Pandora?
I would say you will get yours November 22

^ It's possible by asking them. However, this is not advised, because there are only two people who deal with the e-mails. Queue place enquiries would take time away from things such as dealing with RMA requests and sales. Moreover, the queue places given are only estimates, and have often been observed to be quite rough ones.

I'd love to give a date, but since I'm not really sure the board production company can keep their promises (sadly, so far they never did), I can't do that.

They will produce the boards eventually, but I'm not sure how fast.

That's also a reason we're working on changing to a new more reliable company while they produce the boards for Batch 1.

ED, I share your anxieties and frustrations with the board company, and you've already been kind enough to answer one of my previous questions on this topic. But when exactly are we going to know if the board company has met its target? When the nubs are ready and shipped over to the board company? You mentioned OP have been phoning them and requesting pictures, I was wondering what the outcome of these have been so far, and if there is a further strategy to get accurate information from them, if not? I would just much rather know if there's a big shock around the corner, and adjust my expectations, than wait until we've ticked something else off the check list to find out we've got a huge set back (like not as many boards as promised).

Thank you.

At least with a company in the US you have some legal recourse, or at least you can threaten it and be taken somewhat seriously. With work done in China, you've got basically no way of enforcing any contract you may have had.

hmm... the board company IS in the US...

However, I'm guessing there's no written contract with dates to hold them to..

hmm... the board company IS in the US...

However, I'm guessing there's no written contract with dates to hold them to..
Verbal contracts can be just as binding, depending on the situation and context. If OPT can prove that the board company was making false claims to keep their business when OPT could have been researching other companies instead, they just may have a case.

Of course, any lawsuit they might make is almost guaranteed to cause nothing but trouble and probably more delays, so I don't think that would be a wise course of action, but it's there in case things get really bad.

It's such a shame that small companies get put at the bottom of the pile. Obviously it makes sense for the production companies to pamper the bigger paying clients to keep their business, but it doesn't make sense to annoy any of your customers if you can help it.

I guess this kind of situation is why there aren't billions of OPTs out there. It takes superhuman stamina to push on through all of these speed bumps, stamina and a raging fire set under your nethers.

ED, I share your anxieties and frustrations with the board company, and you've already been kind enough to answer one of my previous questions on this topic. But when exactly are we going to know if the board company has met its target? When the nubs are ready and shipped over to the board company?

We have some contacts from community users here who are just living around the corner, so we will probably send someone soon to check out.

Verbal contracts can be just as binding, depending on the situation and context. If OPT can prove that the board company was making false claims to keep their business when OPT could have been researching other companies instead, they just may have a case.

Of course, any lawsuit they might make is almost guaranteed to cause nothing but trouble and probably more delays, so I don't think that would be a wise course of action, but it's there in case things get really bad.

Yes, we got eMails from them which tell us how many boards are finished.

A lawsuit would take ages though and probably completely halt the production, so we'd rather keep it going and look for an alternative company (which we seem to have found).

Once everything is setup, we can transfer the remaining parts from the old company to them.

The new company has just a bit less than 300 employees and a few production lines, so they're way bigger and should be able to do the job reliable and fast.

It's such a shame that small companies get put at the bottom of the pile. Obviously it makes sense for the production companies to pamper the bigger paying clients to keep their business, but it doesn't make sense to annoy any of your customers if you can help it.

I guess this kind of situation is why there aren't billions of OPTs out there. It takes superhuman stamina to push on through all of these speed bumps, stamina and a raging fire set under your nethers.

Yes, it's really hard for us.

We're currently all a bit depressed, Craig has raised blood pressure and my heart rate is currently about 100 the whole day long.

It's hell we're going through - but we will continue and finish this.

It's sad to see so many problems with companies you pay for, but we're really hoping on resolving this and getting everything to work properly with alternatives.

As long as the community supports us, we can do it :)

We're currently all a bit depressed, Craig has raised blood pressure and my heart rate is currently about 100 the whole day long.

Hang in there, baby!

You folks are doing something awesome. No matter how long it takes, it's still awesome.

I've got a pretty good idea. I watched as $10'000 just sort of vanished when Lehman collapsed. You guys have got a lot more than that tied up here though, so as always I wish you the best!

Once it's all said and done, I'll buy you a beer at the first official Pandoracon :)

I can drink a lot before I get drunk...

But yeah, we're hanging in there, no worries!

Batch 1 WILL be finished - even if the current company is slow, they still manage to produce boards.

And for Batch 2, we'll hope to have all issues resolved and can start anew - with a PROPER production line.

Everything needs to be reliable. That's important. COntinuing like it currently runs is waaay too annoying for everyone here.

Back