So now that we have a better understanding of what's going on...

Take it easy there guys. This is the official forum. No negativity allowed here :lol:

I don't even want to open up that line of logic, and the potential consequences. The fact that it's an official forum in no way reflects on the original question.

On topic, as has already been said, a small company dealing with larger suppliers in different countries clearly gets shafted. Its a bit chicken and egg, as how do you grow to placing the larger orders if you can't get the stock?

Yes, that is true. However, it's not at all an answer to my original query which was along the lines of

"Craig (Early Aug): The cases are in transit and should land soon."

"ED (Early Sept): The cases are now finished and should ship soon, if we believe the manufacturer."

"Me: Whaaa?"

I do find it odd that there's still been no clarification on this point. ED is usually about clearing these up.

Methinks it would involve opening a can of worms.
I'd put it down to a miss communication, or a missed delivery deadline. All that matters is they should be on their way now, or soon - but until they pass collection, flight, customs, delivery we know that even without any more national holidays there are plenty of small delays. Even if Craig had new boards today, he might have enough cases to last till the end of the week. Even if someone worked out that they could air-freight 2000 for the same price as 1500, and decided to wait for another spin on the machine, that might explain matters. The nubs have been a big delay, but trust me, you want better nubs than the ones I got on mine - even the well behaved one is not stunning. I think it is a good decision not to wait for the properly made nubs, too many with early failures would have been a big financial problem to the team.

Back