So now that we have a better understanding of what's going on...

notyu1459

Still Fresh
I'm in the middle of the road, 2200-2300. I'm pulling out my hair in anticipation. Since I seen to take place in the first shipment of cases, that should make that part of the process faster. So judging by that, the board, and the nub production, when can I expect mine to be built and shipped?

Thank you.

I'd be interested to know the current plans too. Are any boards currently being built and shipped or has production stopped while the new nubs are tested/mass produced?

Still saddens me to think how excited I got in May when they started to be built. It's now Sept and I'm still without it :(

I like these new forums already. A reply in five minutes. Wow.

Anyway, yeah, can anyone tell us anything? Dragonguy? X-man?

I can't really tell you much, but I can say I'm around 300 before you, and I hope I get it soon too!

anyone in batch 1 should know not to even bother asking for release estimations, as they always fall through, but latest word is that batch 1 should be finished end of october, batch 2 should be caught up by xmas, ive still to see any mention of which year though

I think the word on batch 1 was that we should know how its going within a couple of weeks, and that will give some clarity on the 18th Oct date and how many might ship by then.

You guys should really think guesstimates as a positive incentive to surviving longer. Its proven that longing for something, even something like a weekly tv show. Is very positive for your mental health. Will make you live longer! So me say you will have it with in next two months™ B)

Well, current status is:

Nubs:

* Second sample being tested, awaiting results end of the week.

Cases:

* According to our Chinese friends finally ready to ship. 2000 per ship, 2000 by plane. We're waiting for pictures so that we know they REALLY are finished now. Will post something as soon as I get it :)

Boards:

* As said Michael had a phone conference last week where the company said they will finish all boards until October 18th. We're careful here and first want to see results before we really believe. Michael is currently trying to find out if they really started producing the stuff in hyperspeed.

So, basically, we're currently eMailing and phoning after each company to ensure they won't stop working.

As soon as we squeeze something out of them, it will be posted in the official news.

So Craig isn't currently building and sending any Pandoras? and waiting for the new Nubs to be built, sent to the board company and for them to build the boards with the new nubs?

Well, current status is:

Nubs:

* Second sample being tested, awaiting results end of the week.

Cases:

* According to our Chinese friends finally ready to ship. 2000 per ship, 2000 by plane. We're waiting for pictures so that we know they REALLY are finished now. Will post something as soon as I get it :)

Boards:

* As said Michael had a phone conference last week where the company said they will finish all boards until October 18th. We're careful here and first want to see results before we really believe. Michael is currently trying to find out if they really started producing the stuff in hyperspeed.

So, basically, we're currently eMailing and phoning after each company to ensure they won't stop working.

As soon as we squeeze something out of them, it will be posted in the official news.

Ahhh thanks for the update, I thought the cases were already in transit, good to know they are now finsihed. Anyway, lets hope the companies deliver as promised. There is nothing else anyone can do but that.

C_S

And when the Chinese say that they have finished the cases, they acctually mean that they have finished setting up the machine that will produce the cases. Any new chinese holidays to look forward to? </sarcasm> :)

So Craig isn't currently building and sending any Pandoras? and waiting for the new Nubs to be built, sent to the board company and for them to build the boards with the new nubs?

Craig can't build units without boards, and that's what we're waiting for.

Ahhh thanks for the update, I thought the cases were already in transit, good to know they are now finsihed. Anyway, lets hope the companies deliver as promised. There is nothing else anyone can do but that.

Well, except for us by keeping in contact with them keep them work on it.

It's somewhat sad: You have a company that CAN do it, pay them money for the production and sometimes it seems they don't even care about you.

That's why we had that long conference call last week - and if they really stick to THEIR plan (finished Oct 18th), we're happy.

Michael is currently trying to find out if they stick to the plan and are in heavy production now and that it wasn't just big talk. And you can be sure we will let you know as soon as we know more.

Craig can't build units without boards, and that's what we're waiting for.

Well, except for us by keeping in contact with them keep them work on it.

It's somewhat sad: You have a company that CAN do it, pay them money for the production and sometimes it seems they don't even care about you.

That's why we had that long conference call last week - and if they really stick to THEIR plan (finished Oct 18th), we're happy.

Michael is currently trying to find out if they stick to the plan and are in heavy production now and that it wasn't just big talk. And you can be sure we will let you know as soon as we know more.

I'll be honest, it is sad EvilDude. But when you sum it up like you have, I don't feel the need to F5 the forums. I now feel that I know it will be a while before my second unit arrives, but you guys are doing everything you can to push the suppliers. We aren't talking days or probably weeks for those at the end of the line, so I just need to take in on the chin, be very glad for the one nubber I had the chance to buy and let you guys get on with the logistics. I think a part of me just wants others to experience the unit! It is just so perfect for retro gaming. *sigh*

If the Icontrolpad project explodes this might give you the financial leverage to change suppliers in the future, but at the end of the day the issues you experience are not unique. There is a reason that small private companies don't often make kick arse products like Pandora! You screwed over by every partner and supplier out there..

Good luck with the next steps, and again thanks for this update. I think you post deserves cross copying to the Official news forum, as you answered a lot in short space, and it would be a shame that this info gets lost in the general forums.

I reckon some good news will be here soon, and with a tuned QA process, rapidly maturing software and improved nubs, people are in for a treat.

Lets try to remember that.

C_S

Last edited by a moderator:
Boards:

My only real worry here is that it might imply that they'll ship all the boards on October 18th and none sooner. Is there any indication that some boards may be shipped earlier?

Cases:

Wait, what??

Craig said in the beginning of August that they were already in transit (also that it was 1500):

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55823-latest-build-news/page__view__findpost__p__903093

Or is this a different set of 4000 (I'd thought it was 8/9k, before) than he was talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically we're saying no more Pandoras will be built until the Nub company have manufactured the new and improved nubs, sent them to the board company who will then solder the new nubs (assuming they've built the rest of the board, which I've read was happening?) then send them to Craig for him to assemble?

I guess what I'm saying is, we've still got quite a wait ahead of most of us :(

My only real worry here is that it might imply that they'll ship all the boards on October 18th and none sooner. Is there any indication that some boards may be shipped earlier?

Yes, they can't produce 3000 boards in one week, they need manual labour and testing as well.

Shipping is not an issue, once 300 boards are finished, they can easily ship them in batches (that's what we dealt with them)

Thirded.

( Is it just a coincidence that this point has been overlooked ?)

Take it easy there guys. This is the official forum. No negativity allowed here :lol:

On topic, as has already been said, a small company dealing with larger suppliers in different countries clearly gets shafted. Its a bit chicken and egg, as how do you grow to placing the larger orders if you can't get the stock?

It *is* 'worth waiting for' but that doesn't make the waiting any easier.

Back