When Do We See A Finished Pandora?

craigix said:
We spent about £3000 on legal advice, we are going to the ombudsman but it's going to take YEARS.
Good! The time it will take doesn't matter. The banks get away with murder and this is one case where I think the 'little guy' has a good legal case against a bank. Go for it, and good luck.

I hate banks, they're the cause of all the shit around the world at the moment and have the cheek to use the bail-out money that the governments have given them to have some nice bonuses. Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
*bump*

renders are nice, but how long has it been since we were promised a picture (or video) of a complete pandora?

talking with my friend Nic on IM about the latest picture, he said:
"i could make a 3D render of a 26" laptop that folds into something the size of a credit card and has tits,
but that wouldn't prove anything."

we're both tired of renders, from the community and the devs. it's not news of anything, quite simply.

really, a Sneak Peek? at what? what the devs have been up to in Blender? that title implies a picture, no less.

CC_machine said:
*bump*

renders are nice, but how long has it been since we were promised a picture (or video) of a complete pandora?

talking with my friend Nic on IM about the latest picture, he said:
"i could make a 3D render of a 26" laptop that folds into something the size of a credit card and has tits,
but that wouldn't prove anything."

we're both tired of renders, from the community and the devs. it's not news of anything, quite simply.

really, a Sneak Peek? at what? what the devs have been up to in Blender? that title implies a picture, no less.
The model you see in the model is the same one that will be sent to the factory for mass producing the CNC cases, so yes it is important and relevant ;)

If you head to the unofficial blog, you'll find some discernible progress on bits of prototype cases. It's not that there's no info, it's just that all the info we have is spread around.

CC, Has your friend gone through the process of creating his own hand held game console for mass production?...Where's the shoot my self in the head smiley?!

mazza558 said:
If you head to the unofficial blog, you'll find some discernible progress on bits of prototype cases. It's not that there's no info, it's just that all the info we have is spread around.
Yeah, and this coming Monday is the earliest we'll see a fully complete prototype Pandora, as long as everything fits in the case and the hinges work fine ;)

Ahh, I thought it was the CNC unit they were sticking together. My bad, spotted it was the FDM version.
Can't wait to see the pics. Hope we get a nice video of it too.

Marko said:
Can't see it happening due to EDs blog post ref Chinese New Year.

i thought it was going to be delivered today? why does the chinese new year affect the UK postal service?

FDM delivery on monday + assembly + making a video/picture

will probably be tommorow or later today (at least 6 hours time difference to take into acount with the US)

By the time the FDM case has been delivered and put together and approved the factories would of reopened so it doesn't really make any difference. Just thought I'd mention that before people fly off the handle as always. Nice to be told tho thx Ed :)

Remember people the CNC case is not the FDM case everyone is waiting to see so don't get them confused!

Maybe this could be mentioned on the OP blog just so people don't get the wrong idea and fly off the handle again which I'm sure they will, lol :)

craigix said:
Yeah the FDM should arrive today.
:D

P.S: Can the dev that is going to receive the case show a video of the Pandora turned on or he doesn't have the Angstrom distro (so at least we'll se only the minimal OS)?

Lol I know Chinese new year means couple of days off. Although throughout the rest of the world it's not an official holiday.

We still have to work :(

But, it's great news that the production fase is near

Back