Release SNES9X4P hardware scaled

I have to navigate all the way through my ROM images to get to the back to the game in the list - can you somehow get the launcher to remember which ROM you last chose? It takes forever to get through a list as large as mine!

Try typing a few letters from the name of the game you are looking for ;)

Edit : Right & Left on the Dpad translate to page up & page down as well

Edit : :ph34r: 'd by the Wizard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also pressing left and right moves by pages, very quickly; even the largest collection can be traversed in seconds.

have to navigate all the way through my ROM images to get to the back to the game in the list - can you somehow get the launcher to remember which ROM you last chose? It takes forever to get through a list as large as mine!

Yes on the remember last item is on todo list when i can get back to working on it.

Just to keep you busy increasing the download counter I did some more additional changes to this emulator. The changes are rather small and insignificant, though IMO the display of message like "State loaded" is a nice addition. As always the latest version is available via the repo.

Changes in "1.39ff.20111207.1" compared to "1.39ff.20111205.2":

* Make sure the (rather useless!) fps counter is displayed on the game screen and not in some "off screen corner"

* Reenable display of messages like "State saved" and allign them nicely in the line above the fps counter.

* Allow to exit the emulator with 'Esc' additonally to exiting via the menu or the key 'q'.

* Updated the readme file to include the Pandora specific changelog and info about compilation as well as other things.

* Allow to exit the emulator with 'Esc' additonally to exiting via the menu or the key 'q'.

Y'know what *would* be cool? Pressing "q" to quit, and ESC to instantly save your state and exit back to desktop. Then on re-launch, if an auto-saved state is found it is re-loaded and deleted. That would rock for quick "pick up and go" gaming sessions where every second counts :)

D.

Y'know what *would* be cool? Pressing "q" to quit, and ESC to instantly save your state and exit back to desktop. Then on re-launch, if an auto-saved state is found it is re-loaded and deleted. That would rock for quick "pick up and go" gaming sessions where every second counts :)
Other way around would be better, I think. You're more likely to accidentally press 'q' and then scream bloody murder because you lost several hours of gameplay then you are to accidentally hit 'esc'.

Other way around would be better, I think. You're more likely to accidentally press 'q' and then scream bloody murder because you lost several hours of gameplay then you are to accidentally hit 'esc'.
Or an option to disable that hotkey, really. But I'm in WizardStan's camp, I more often accidentally hit 'q'; to quit I always found hitting space simple enough and navigating to 'exit'. Works for me.

I use the "Q" thing, myself, but it would be nice if it was dropped entirely and changed to Esc (perhaps with Dunny's suggestion added!), to prevent accidental quitting with folks who've found that to be a problem.

please remove q as a quit button or write info on how to remove it ourselves. anything that uses the dpad gets my thumb knuckle to constantly hit the q button in fact paced games

Also pressing left and right moves by pages, very quickly; even the largest collection can be traversed in seconds.

Please give us some +1 replies for my suggestion to improve the pickle launcher hotkeys for everyone. There seem to be several ppl who didn't notice that left/right moves the roms list down/ up. Maybe because it's not the best design? There are other improvements possible, a full explanation can be found here. The devs don't agree fully with my view but would probably implement them if there are some more guys who report the necessity.

My suggestion for the pickle launcher is:

digital up/down: move rom entry up/down by one

digital left/right: move through folders

button x/y: move rom entry down/up by a full screen (or 10 items, I don't care)

button a/b: start game (+ enter folder) / (folder back)

start button: (start game)

Multiple buttons for the same action isn't possible right now, maybe Pickle will add that feature sometime. That's why I parenthesized those.

-zapman

For those who want it that way, you can also edit the config yourself: in pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha/config.txt you just have to replace the section "# Keyboard" with

# Controls

# Keyboard

key_up = 273 # up

key_down = 274 # down

key_left = 280 # y button: jump 10 roms up

key_right = 281 # x button:jump 10 roms down

key_dirup = 276 # left

key_dirdown = 275 # right

key_cfgapp = 0 # unknown key

key_cfgentry = 0 # unknown key

key_setone = 51 # 3

key_setall = 52 # 4

key_select = 278 # a button

key_back = 279 # b button (does nothing)

key_quit = 27 # escape

you must have MASSIVE thumbs :eek:
i dont understand how everybody else doesnt have this problem, playing nes on pandora drives me insane. i guess i dont use the tip of my thumb on dpad, nor do i bent it inwards. i bend my thumb outwards, especially for games that switch between right and down on dpad a lot

you must have MASSIVE thumbs :eek:
i dont understand how everybody else doesnt have this problem, playing nes on pandora drives me insane. i guess i dont use the tip of my thumb on dpad, nor do i bent it inwards. i bend my thumb outwards, especially for games that switch between right and down on dpad a lot
If you are insane, how do we know you even still have a Pandora? ;)

I agree with DaMummy; it's easy to hit q during a high action game, I've done it many times. Or even just switching position in a chair, hit q, and it just zaps away.

I think that's the default keybinding to kill Ginge.

I might have imagined the pandora button as a universal exit for everything. Get it? "Return to Pandora"? A lot more discoverable than say, space bar or q or fn-q, for those of us who tend to forget all the time between games. Think of it like the "home" button on an iPad or iPod. Wherever you are, it get you back. And it's not really in the way for big hands and fat fingers (like mine).

But so far it seems fn-q, a.k.a. esc seems pretty universal in what I use that's a native game.

i think devs dont want to use pandora button for quit because that exits anything thats running when using minimenu

I can honestly say I have never accidently pressed the q button I dont see how its possible, we will have to make comparison videos :) on how you use your thumb > :)

^ well, if you want to press 'escape' you are basically pressing Fn+q

For me it happened a few times that I accidentally didn't pressy the Fn-key well enough and I pressed q instead.

One game where this happens frequently (haven't played much with the Pandora yet: imminent deadlines ..) is Numpty Physics where the Esc-button deletes your last drawn object.

Added the possibility to cut borders on top, bottom, left and right (thanks to notaz' improved SDL). While the majority of SNES games doesn't have black borders (and thus 4:3 or 8:7 hardware scaling is perfect already) some do. Notably the Street Fighter II games, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Final Fight 1-3 and Batman Returns.

Example: Street Fighter II

With fullscreen hardware scaling it looks like this:

2rqoba1.png

Huge black border on top and another border on the bottom. Now press SPACE to enter the GUI and cut the top and bottom borders. Values '23' for top and '8' for bottom are ideal for SF2, SF2T, SSF2 and SFA2:

20zr5o6.png

The result looks like this:

wmlcg5.png

The values for cut borders get automatically stored (at emulator exit) and restored per game. So once you've set the ideal dimensions for a game they'll stay.

Download PND here: http://www.mediafire...9e32674ty37205m (version 1.39ff.20111208.1)

Please add this to the repo someone.

@Ivanovic: Could you let SiENcE add me to his repository so I can commit the changed source?

Wow, that's a NEAT feature :D

I love that it saves the value :)

Thanks! This is now one of the best SNES emulators for any systems out there :)

Back