Smashgp2x 0.1

I forgot how great this game is and runs so damn fast.

You ever considered open sourcing your fast scaling code? I'm sure a lot of people would be more than grateful to see how you do it.

You ever considered open sourcing your fast scaling code? I'm sure a lot of people would be more than grateful to see how you do it.

Fast + nice, problem is yes, you should remove UP for jumping, leave it with A/Y. Also, how do you grab and throw an item?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast + nice, problem is yes, you should remove UP for jumping, leave it with A/Y. Also, how do you grab and throw an item?
I haven't tried the new version, but I believe it was L/R on the gp32 version . . .

This game is really fun ! Bravo mATkEUpON, ca déchire !
I just gave it a go with the two basic characters and it was already fun.
One map is really strange btw, the stadium with his screen is a bit disapointing...

I'll put some extra character right now and test that out !

Thanks again Mat !

EDIT: I cant get it to work, it just shows a black screen with a wierd line at the top, what am i doing wrong? *FIXED IT*

I now have another problem : p whenever I select a character it freezes T_T

I think the game needs a bit of polish, some bits look better, some a little worse, but overall for a first GP2X release it's great. Being able to download new characters and maps is fantastic too, but it'd be nice if more than 2 were included as standard.

I don't know if there is a problem with one of the characters, but after I put all of my characters on it, it didn't start, it hangs at "press start".

The gameplay is too slow-paced. The characters should be able to run/jump/fall alot faster.

Game works and plays pretty great! :)

Now that I have an idea of how it moves and plays I will probably get to working on some of my original characters from the up and coming Stargazer game I’ve been working on.

This would be an add on pack of sorts that I would release for anyone interested in Stargazer or anyone interested in some fun and new original characters.

Stay tuned! ;)

I too would love to see your custom bitmap scaling code, of course you are under no obligation to reveal any of your code... I would just like to see some real scalling code on the GP2X... so far SDL just doesn't cut it.

Good work on the release tho, really nice to see. I love Smash bro's so I will grab this and play on the go ;)

Thanks alot for posting this. I think you just made alot of people very happy. I'll dust off my GP2X right now. :)

its nice to see the gp2x finally get their own version,,
but at the same time im sad since the psp version didnt ge get updated,,

oh well,, at least maybe now more people will start making smashgp characters again,,

if anyones wondering how,, i believe i still have the guide drake250 made on my site

its nice to see the gp2x finally get their own version,,
but at the same time im sad since the psp version didnt ge get updated,,

oh well,, at least maybe now more people will start making smashgp characters again,,

if anyones wondering how,, i believe i still have the guide drake250 made on my site
Would you mind if I uploaded a zip of all your sharacters offered on your site to the archive? Giving you credit of course.

Back