Smashgp2x 0.1

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Just uploaded SmashGp2x 0.1, it's available on my webpage:
http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/news.html

No music yet, but sound effects. Also, there's a bug in the survival mode, you have to pre-load the characters (select them once so that they're loaded and won't have to be while playing).
[CUT]
Enjoy,
mATkEUpON[/CUT]

awesome. a lot of people have been hoping for this for a long time, thanks a lot :D

Thanks very much for this - my gp2x should be in my hands on Thursday!

I just reregistered after forgetting my 2-year old login name, and this appears :)

Does it support all the old character sets as well?

So eh... what is it?
I cant find a single thing that says what this is. Kinda like a lucky dip I guess (Me's hoping it's a version of Smash TV)

Ok, I got it up and running and it's pretty good so far...a bit jumpy at times...All previosuly created characters work in this version...you may know this already but the lives amount is limited to 3 being displayed at once...Overall great...Now if Icould find someone else with a Gp2x and we had some way to link them...

Oooh, Smash Bros.... excellent :)
But I cant get it to work, does the files *have* to sit in the root of the SD card?

You have to put SmashGp2x.gpe in the root of the sd, and same goes for the smashgp2x dir. You put all the characters / arenas inside the smashgp2x folder.

With my MKI, I find it is too easy to accidently jump by hitting up when I just want to go left or right.

Could you please at least make right+(up/right)=right? and the same for left.
Ideally you would have an MKI mode where up/right=right I personally like to use the jump button for jumpying myself.

Also is there no double jump?

Who's idea was it to put bright confusing picture backrgouds? I can't even find the level half the time!

Back