Smashgp Characters

Norbi posted on Dec 3 2004 at 04:49 PM said:
I would happily do one for Zero (Megaman Zero from Gba) but the problem is that I don't know how. This there any faq or guide anywhere?

Yes I know there is a guide (I have it on my computer)
I just don't remember where its from.. I'll have a look.

edit: found it :lol: its a .pdf that comes with smashedit (download from gp32x.de)
it's not quite a step by step tutorial but it tells you everything you need to know.

i'd make a charector by I'm not to into sprite ripping or drawing my own sprite sets.. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also ask directly your questions in here, that's why the topic is there :)

I'll try to update the guide soon, as the guide now is not really helpful, but it takes a lot of time.

By the way, I've finished Luigi, and I'll release it with the 0.3 version, which should be soon.

sorry to be a nusence but i was wondering if i could get the guide i dont care if its not helpful

I'm a cheapo and I don't want to download adobe reader or whatever reads pdf.

Is there a pdf to html converter online somewhere or something? Or any way to view this document in another format?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I really don't like adobe ever since I had to use their (somewhat glitchy) software in computer science... -_-

Drag posted on Dec 5 2004 at 08:58 AM said:
I'm a cheapo and I don't want to download adobe reader or whatever reads pdf.

Is there a pdf to html converter online somewhere or something? Or any way to view this document in another format?

Look for PdftoTxt (it's the name of the program) but it only recognises text. O! and it's fine to create e-books for the GP

my link character sucks all it can do is stand in one place and attack i tried
everything

also it dosent even look like link its like a blob please help me :(

You can add attachments to your posts. Send your pictures and I'll try to figure it out.

*sigh*

School is so demanding at the moment.

But in the christmas hols (in too weeks) I'll get started on something. And hopefully i'll finish too.

antoniou posted on Dec 6 2004 at 01:32 AM said:
I have finished a new version of Samus (1.6). It has a new shot, and several changes. I hope you have fun with it! :)

Love it! Brilliant job! Thanks :)

i just tried out smashgp for the first time
this is the greatest game i have ever played
i remembered when people were whining for a ssb clone
and now the ultimate is here

Hey Antoniou. I've been working on characters(aka knuckles) but none of them work. The sprites won't come up and i've put the .pak file in the right place. Have you got an faq that would help me make them like how ur doing?

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 23 2004 at 07:24 PM said:
Hey Antoniou. I've been working on characters(aka knuckles) but none of them work. The sprites won't come up and i've put the .pak file in the right place. Have you got an faq that would help me make them like how ur doing?

First I would like to know what is your problem exactly. Does anything appear on the screen, or is it a square with horrible colours?

If it is the first thing, well... something is going really bad and it could be that the name of the image files are too long (don´t use more than ten letters on a name).

If it is the second one, it´s surely the pallete. Use directly when creating the images, the palette pal00.act included in smashgp, or use another 8-bit palette and when converting to .pak, select the "use external palette", and when it asks for a palette, choose pal00.act

Following this it should work fine. Good luck ;)

Thanx. Hopefully i'll be able to get the characters working now. One other thing do you need two sets of characters ie one set for walking left and one set for walking right or will smashgp do this itself?

edit: I've tried making a .pak file with the characters and using the external palette. I used the pal00.act and put the on my gp but only the knuckles icons for lifes come up. What else can i do?

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 23 2004 at 10:23 PM said:
Thanx. Hopefully i'll be able to get the characters working now. One other thing do you need two sets of characters ie one set for walking left and one set for walking right or will smashgp do this itself?

edit: I've tried making a .pak file with the characters and using the external palette. I used the pal00.act and put the on my gp but only the knuckles icons for lifes come up. What else can i do?

Hi. You only need one set for the moves looking at right. When you turn left, the images will be the same inverted.

So it doesn´t appear anything but the icon? Is the character completely transparent? Take care about the image´s name lenght. This is very important. If you don´t solve the problem you could send me some bmp´s and the character file if you want so that I take a look at it. I hope to see knuckles soon :)

The names are all under 10 characters long. When i load it up i get the life icons and a big black rectangle. Wats ur email so i can send them to you so you can have a look?

Back