Slackware for Pandora 14.0

I'm looking from time to time qemu changelogs but i don't see clear things about the arm host bug.

Maybe time to retry the latest ?

ok i try to compile latest git version,report here :)

Edit: acutal Qemu GIT compiled fine without visibleErrors but when i

want to start qemu-system-i386 open it no display.

So actual Qemu dont work too.

Latest good working Version is 0.15.1 on Pandora.

Vmgl breaks compiling with xvnc errors.

now sleep,good night ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A few updates on the repo.

LZO and libmodplug (for muon) will be included in the releases, Network Manager updated to latest, updated deps for linphone, audacity, Code::Blocks, ProjectLibre (run in command line twice to make it work),  updated deps for Ekiga etc...
Regarding ProjectLibre, can explain what you mean by 'run in command line twice to make it work' ?

I have not been able to get ProjectLibre to run yet....

I installed it via Gslapt....

Thanks!

There is no icon in the menu.

You have to open a terminal and type:

projectlibre

It will fail the first time, so repeat the command.

Libssl ? What for ?

hmc can explain it better than I can, but when trying to open up NotecasePro pnd, it looks for it....

Here is what the NoteCase Pro author just told me about usage of libssl:

NoteCase Pro uses openssl for several things now:

- uses public key encryption algorithm to decrypt user license key files

- uses OpenSSL to establish SSL connection when doing remote sync (client/server) (document sync is a work in progress, first version of this feature will be included in next NoteCase Pro PND, too)

- some random data generation functions

ah, sorry.

The error was basically the same as for libcrypto:

./notecase: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

./notecase: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It's solved by generating the links according to what I wrote into the PND compatibility list:

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware/PND-compatibility-list#Office

Just to say i'm now in sync with the 1.54.

Have to test things, and also working back on SOLEIL too, so i'm not in a hurry to upload it.

Completely new to slackware.

I have just installed it and started it for the first time.

Now I do want to transfer some of my supezaxxon apps (pnd's) and appdata. But the pandora folder needs root access. 

How can I easiest launch a filemanager with root access?

Or should my pnd's and appdata be placed elsewhere?

Become root:

su

then (if your user is named amyren):

chown -hR amyren:users /pandora

Now you can write as user.

Ok, now I have copied my appdata into /pandora/appdata and my pnd's into the other /pandora folders. I did a rebbot, but these pnds doesnt show in the menu, or apear as executable in the file manager. Is there a way to run them?

EDIT: Please ignore that question. I discovered the run pnd app program :) However, I did run into a problem when trying to run gingerbread (android) It asks for the password (as it does in superzaxxon), but after entering the password, an error pops up: 

Failed to run id as user root The underlying authorization mechanish (sudo) does not allow you to run this program. Contact the system administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested a couple of thing here.

The youtube SMplayer integration works very good. If would be nice though if it did launch the videos to fullscreen by default, since playing videos on the desktop only shows a green display. Fullscreen plays the videos well.

I notice that uae4all in the pnd compatibility list only shows a question mark. It does work here, I only tested one game though.

The Xmarks plugin works with this version (v18) of Firefox. I did not manage to get xmarks installed at all under superzaxxon, trying a few different xmarks versions and firefox versions. 

I've never tried to run android under Slack.

Maybe also check the log in /tmp ?

Which kind of video does not run as fullscreen ? .flv (corrected for next release)

Well you can edit the wiki if you want.

Maybe also check the log in /tmp ?

Which kind of video does not run as fullscreen ? .flv (corrected for next release)

Well you can edit the wiki if you want.
It does run ok in fullscreen, but when I use the "SMPlayer Youtube Browser" and select a video, SMPlayer does not open in fullscreen by default. (pressing F toggles that). This is for all the videos I have tried. And this is not a general problem.

I did test a few videos today, and most of them does play well, both on the desktop and fullscreen.

But yesterday, I only tested youtube briefly and did only run one video, and by bad luck that particular video will only play in fullscreen mode. Played on the desktop the video output is green only, but the sound is ok.

The video this happened with is named "Amiga Longplays Preview / Compilation"

It will be the one that comes on top of the list if you search for amiga longplay.

Maybe also check the log in /tmp
here is the log, doesnt tell me too much:

=======================================================================================

PND             : /pandora/apps/gingerbread_r6.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : //pandora/appdata/android_gingerbread

APPDD_FSTYPE    : auto

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : pandora/run_gingerbread.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="//pandora/appdata/android_gingerbread=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/android_gingerbread=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (pandora/run_gingerbread.sh ) ----------

++ id -u

+ '[' 1000 '!= 0 ]'

+ gksudo -m 'Android needs root privileges to run, please enter your password' id

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (pandora/run_gingerbread.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/utmp/android_gingerbread': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

Big resolution videos doesn't display on OP.

Never used YouTubu player, may try.

Gksudo doesn't work on Slackware, gksu does.

Maybe use:

gksu xdg-open /usr/share/applications/_android_i_don't_know_the_name.desktop

Back