Silk Screen Poll

what model of the silk screen do you like more?

• Total voters

Aninhumer said:
Is it possible to apply these logos easily at home?

Because then they could just include all of the suggestions here on a little sheet, and people can do as they please.

it would then be nearly useless for any collectors option, though silk screen is easily faked.

anyway, i just want a distinctive that makes my panda a "fist batcher" possibly get more for it on the future if i ever sell it.

:( the text option is loosing. i really dont like the 1 option since its redundant and hides the panda logo

WhiteBat said:
if you add another option to the poll you should at least restart it ;)

in my opinion,no need since you can change your vote

unless you want to make a poll to see if the people want to restart the poll XD (just joking)

Last edited by a moderator:
well im just saying that because some people vote and never look back

Text Version: Different Text: How about "OP 1"? Would sound a bit like......Obi-Wan (Kenobi, geddit?) i.e. Starwarish (for all the thread wars), futuristic (first of its kind), retro (-gaming, what many will use it for), etc.

Heh, actually anything goes but I'm having as much fun following threads as I will when I geddit (my 'dora).

Sorry, couldn't resist posting....

I really like the pandora icon with the "1". However, if I'm showing the device to somebody, the symbol would have no significance to them, whereas the text "First Batch" would have obvious meaning and be unquestionable. Plus, since it is the pandora, a pandora logo on it wouldn't necessarily be taken to mean anything special.

Edit: grammar

I think "First Batch" is perfect. It's not like the term is new or anything we've all been using the term "First Batch" all along...so why change now?

Besides, I like cookies.

absolofdoom said:
...if I'm showing the device to somebody, the symbol would have no significance to them, whereas the text "First Batch" would have obvious meaning and be unquestionable. Plus, since it is the pandora, a pandora logo on it wouldn't necessarily be taken to mean anything special...
This +1.

Text next to logo.

I think that a lock pictogram is obligatory, instead of the text.
Maybe we could figure out the bluetooth logo?
How about moving the SD card icons to the left of both slots, not to the center?

GnoOa.jpg

What do you guys think? This would look more consistent, wouldn't it?

edit: my mistake, added illustration

absolofdoom said:
I really like the pandora icon with the "1". However, if I'm showing the device to somebody, the symbol would have no significance to them, whereas the text "First Batch" would have obvious meaning and be unquestionable. Plus, since it is the pandora, a pandora logo on it wouldn't necessarily be taken to mean anything special.

Edit: grammar
yes but what if you ordered one and live in Russia or China and don't speak english?
I would love to have the "first batch" on it but i don't think it would be fair to non-english speaking people. ;)

Sitwon said:
absolofdoom said:
...if I'm showing the device to somebody, the symbol would have no significance to them, whereas the text "First Batch" would have obvious meaning and be unquestionable. Plus, since it is the pandora, a pandora logo on it wouldn't necessarily be taken to mean anything special...
This +1.
Whate he said, +1

WhiteBat said:
yes but what if you ordered one and live in Russia or China and don't speak english?
I would love to have the "first batch" on it but i don't think it would be fair to non-english speaking people. ;)
Are you a non-english speaking person or are you just voting for the non-english logo to be politically correct? Everyone who has participated in the discussion so far has shown at least *some* English literacy.

I really don't care what is printed TBH. So I haven't voted as that option is not there ( I am a first batch order-er BTW ).

I like first batch or the 1. 1 would probably be understated enough not to bother anybody who doesn't want their Pandora singled out. I like first batch, but not enough to force it on others if they don't want it.

MDave said:
Richo said:
I really don't care what is printed TBH. So I haven't voted as that option is not there ( I am a first batch order-er BTW ).
The option is there, it's the 5th one down.

Not for first batchers who don't care. ;)

I just think the logo with the 1 on top is ugly. If there was some other logo that didn't look so bad I wouldn't mind removing the text.

Edit: What about the Pandora logo inscribed inside a star or a heart?

WhiteBat said:
The Pandora software scene is very likely to be English-centric with very few (Pandora-specific) apps seeing L10N for more than a handful of locales and most only upporting English. Unless the Pandora manages to edge in on the high-profile handheld market (with sales numbers comparable to that of the NDS or PSP) we're not going to see a strong international commercial game market for it, either.

In short: It's reasonably safe to assume that most Pandora owners ever will have enough English skills to understand "First Batch" and I'd bet that everyone who has preordered (= everyone who's going to receive a labeled Pandora) does.

@liquidphantom: Doesn't "origin Edition" sound orders of magnitude more blasé than "First Batch"?

looks like "first batch" is winning, :wub: but i honestly don't care either way
personally i want to have the first batch on there but i voted logo +1
just trying to think of the non-english speaking people
I mean it's only for the first batch anyway

WhiteBat said:
well, I live in Russia and I don't have a problem with this being write in english :)
but personally i'd like to see the pandora logo with "1" inside rather then text.

Back