Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Gray paint

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Black paint

Votes: 133 69.6%
  • Pink paint

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

So are these the samples Michael was to receive today?

I say go with whatever one looks best with the keypad. Any one may look nice, but if the color on the keys clashes, what's the point?

So, what is going on with the cases being shipped? I hope the team just makes the best decision they can, and lets move forward. All 3 cases look great, and anyone will do.

My 4 year old can make a faster choice at the toy store, enough of this picture every other week shit, just pick one, and ship ASAP! Anyone they pick will be wrong to somebody, who cares. I just want my preorder, is that to much to ask?

Chris

benji_stein said:
If only the "outside" of these cases were painted, then shouldn't the color behind where the screen would go (the "inside", as it were) be the same color on all three?

Edit: On closer inspection, it looks like the area for the PCB is the same color on all three (through the keyholes), so it's probably OK.
The grey lid is painted from the inside, the others are ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
jasay said:
mali said:
Nupfi said:
Why are there two gray options?
Black painted looks best imho...
It's a sub-poll to find out how many British/American English speaking people are around ;)
Is it bad that I don't know which is which?
If you don't know which is which, you probably use the American one ;) *ducks for cover*

crade said:
jasay said:
Is it bad that I don't know which is which?
If you don't know which is which, you probably use the American one ;) *ducks for cover*
Ha! I've been known to use both, but mostly use "grey". Mali seems to suggest that is the British (Oxford) spelling?

Black, the gray is just too gray imo. It wouldn't fit to any other device I own.
Both look fine though and so I don't care what the team decides to go with.

I would be sad if we get one without paint though.

Black paint, no doubt about it. It looks incredibly smart.
grin.gif

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 116
So, nice. Done, next. :D
I hope MWeston already gave the green light for the rest of the 9000 cases. At least for the base version without Paint.

So the "nacked" Plastic Case without any Paint didn't recieve any special Surface-process? I just wanted to ask if painting the Cases now is the only process to make the Surface look beautiful. In the past it sounded more like the smooth silk like Surface is made by some kind of Sandblasting process. But now I'm not sure anymore.

Well, the "grey" looks much better than the incredible cheap looking grey, the first NDS was painted with. Anyway, I still want the black, finished Case. :)
And looking at the inside, I see why the Factory couldn't manage to modyfy the lid Top so that the strange marks disappear. It looks like the Plastic around the Center Square of the inside is so incredible Thick, that it can't match with the much thinner Area for the LCD electronics behind the Pandora Logo.
I guess in the industry, nobody designs a Case like this :D Maybe they use thinner supporting structures in rows and colums instead of solid plastic that is so thick. ^^
Well, I guess we don't need to care that the Lid will break that soon. :)

I think we should at this point revisit the idea of going glossy iPhone white.

(just kidding, it looks great!)

chole said:
I think we should at this point revisit the idea of going glossy iPhone white.

(just kidding, it looks great!)
And when the Volcano even longer spits his crap out over Europe we indeed have to rename the grey toned one into the "Volcano Ashes Edition" or something like this. ^^""
A clear white could look good I think but yes, it then looks somehow like an Apple gadget and I don't want that people think I'm using Apple gadgets. :lol:

I'm encouraged that they all look pretty good. The plain black plastic looks alright but is improved by the black paint, in my opinion. Looking forward to MWeston's comments. Thanks for the new pics by the way, it's all getting ever more tangible (when the volcanic ash dies down).

fusion_power said:
So, nice. Done, next. :D
I see why the Factory couldn't manage to modyfy the lid Top so that the strange marks disappear. It looks like the Plastic around the Center Square of the inside is so incredible Thick, that it can't match with the much thinner Area for the LCD electronics behind the Pandora Logo.
I guess in the industry, nobody designs a Case like this :D Maybe they use thinner supporting structures in rows and colums instead of solid plastic that is so thick. ^^
Well, I guess we don't need to care that the Lid will break that soon. :)
Actually you got that backwards. The center area behind the LCD is THINNER not thicker. It had to be to clear an LCD connector there. The other option would have been to make the whole case fatter to clear the connector. We thought the case was kind of a thick "pocket buster" as-is already so we didn't want to bloat it up more.

I am not sure why it looks so prominent. On my prototype case I can see that area but it is MUCH less visible than that. They must have changed the plastic formula or mold flow or something there.

WizardStan said:
I vote pink!
Black paint is my followup choice.
Added.

mali said:
Nupfi said:
Why are there two gray options?
Black painted looks best imho...
It's a sub-poll to find out how many British/American English speaking people are around ;)
I'm a Texan, and I've always used grey, even if Firefox's spellchecker says it's wrong.

Am I the only one who uses Grey and Gray differently?
I always imagine Grey to be more of a Blue-Græy, while Gray is more of a dusty græy.

The last one (black paint) does look the best in my opinion. Grey paint doesn't look too bad, but I think it'll look good no matter what color paint they decide to use, as long as it covers up that plastic...

Grey or Gray.. Google's spellcheck seems to prefer Grey

EDIT - The black one really reminds me of a freshly paved road, which makes for a very smooth and comfy ride.

Back