Should Pyra have a Camera?

Should Pyra have a Camera?

• Yes

Votes: 111 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 147 57.0%

• Total voters

Great, so we still have to carry a second device like a smartphone with us ...
Maybe I've missed a feature, but is it even possible to make telephone calls with the Pyra? If not, how could it replace a smartphone or even dumbphone?

It would be nice however if the Pyra-pcb would have a physical CSI-connector so that enthousiasts could connect a camera-module to the Pyra and make some nice mods.

Great, so we still have to carry a second device like a smartphone with us ...
Maybe I've missed a feature, but is it even possible to make telephone calls with the Pyra? If not, how could it replace a smartphone or even dumbphone?
It may be possible, at least in terms of hardware there would be no major components missing to make telephone calls.

Okay, we don't get a camera, accept it.

But in my opinion we should really get those mipi camera lines hooked up for mods or future cases with room for a camera.

I asked about that after he said no camera but didn't get a response.
That's because I'm not at my computer anymore but at the ice hockey arena right now ;)

I'm not 24/7 online (only my computer is :p )

We'll expose whatever free lines we can find ;)

I'm not 24/7 online
Obviously, but this was like, a minute after I said it :p Just "hi, bye", is that how it is with you these days? Busy busy busy :D

Glad to hear hackers aren't left out of the thought process. Now just gotta hope that they actually CAN be added in there, and not left out due to space constraints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, mostly it.

Running from one place to the other, quick look at IRC, quick reply, gone again :)

I think it is quite useless on a handheld computer this size, doesn´t seem like will be able to take professional photos with it, and it seems unlikely that everyone will able to carry it in their pockets to take the occasional picture, also it will add to the cost of the console.

it seems unlikely that everyone will able to carry it in their pockets to take the occasional picture, also it will add to the cost of the console.
I always have a Pandora nearby -- if not in my pocket then at least within a 10 meter radius.

I frequently carry my Pandora with me, but the image quality from tiny cameras is so poor that I would only contemplate using it in an emergency.

Back