Should ED stop delivering units to Craig?

Should ED stop delivering units to Craig?

• Yes

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 67.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the "highest donors first"-scheme either, even though it might speed up things for everyone.

I've thought a lot about this, and there are quite some good points here.

In my opinion, the best way to go is:

1. I get a list of all remaining preorders.

2. I'll contact them all, explaining the current situation and letting them know that the possibility to upgrade to an instant-delivery 1GHz Pandora exists. I'll also ask for feedback how much they would be willing to pay for the upgrade (100 EUR, 200 EUR, 270 EUR), or whether they rather want to wait.

3. Use the information to calculate a new price for all Pandoras, in order to attract more people and developers.

The reasons I want to do it like this is the following:

1. Based on my experience with my preorders, not all customers are still available. It seems some have totally forgotten about the Pandora (never check the boards, didn't ask for updates) and changed their eMail. I've got quite a few of those myself... so we can sort these out upfront.

2. As mentioned, my primary goals are getting the invested money back AND deliver as many Pandoras (in best case: all of them) as possible. I know how much money I have, I know how many Pandoras I can still produce with the parts we have and I know how money I still need to have enough money for all investors.

Let's say, the queue has 500 customers left and 300 would be willing to upgrade for 100 EUR, 100 for 200 EUR. That would be 50,000 EUR.

So if these people upgrade, I need to make 50,000 EUR less on sales compared to the case no one upgrades. This would probably be enough to deliver ALL remaining units, while even be able to lower the price for new customers.

That seems like a good way for me to move forward.

I need as much information as possible. The only thing I need to pull that through would be the remaining customers list - and that's what I'll try to get now.

Sounds like a good plan ED

One question, does that 500 figure include those after a refund?.

I guess a plan for those wanting a refund would also be required.

That sounds like a great idea... I think the best option is to make the existing pre-orders get into the head space that... This is a recovery and refunds are NOT an option. It's upgrade OR wait.

Let's hope that Craig is willing to play ball.... because the second best thing about having an actual list is the ability to give people a number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say, the queue has 500 customers left and 300 would be willing to upgrade for 100 EUR, 100 for 200 EUR. That would be 50,000 EUR.
Great plan - better than queue jumping. Good luck getting that customer list Ed!

I hope Craig does the right thing and gives you that list, ED.  It seems like the LEAST he could do after all his foul-ups and lack of communication, and just coming across as a general swindler running a low-grade Ponzi scheme.

I don't know, Craig, I have no experience with Craig...but I already know I don't like him and would never do business with him.

I think Craig's list is just in a state of "a complete mess"

He has a normal Pandora queue.

He has a 1GHz Pandora queue.

He has a refund queue.

He probably has a replacement queue.

He even has a queue for competition prizes.

He now has an iControlpad2 queue.

Years ago when people asked for queue numbers they never got an accurate answer...

He has a refund queue.

Years ago when people asked for queue numbers they never got an accurate answer...
Well, it would probably save them a lot of wasted time to put forth a little effort now to organized the queue(s) if it isn't already.

I don't like the "highest donors first"-scheme either, even though it might speed up things for everyone.
Maybe somebody could put together a graph of the highest donors' contributions to date. (Not replace the current contribution ticker.) "Anonymous" would probably be out front.

He has a refund queue.

You forgot the original premium queue.

Great plan - better than queue jumping. Good luck getting that customer list Ed!
I agree this is the friendlier plan and it's what makes ED such a great guy that he'd go for this first. :)

I think my plan would bring in much more money though and get everyone their unit a lot quicker, more money for the investors and due to ED being able to lower the prices more Pandoras sold in total and thus an even bigger community. Also the people willing to contribute most now are also probably going to be the biggest ambassadors/fanboys once they get them thus adding to the snowball effect. And a bit of tough love could work out for the best for everyone in the end. If I were not willing to put in another penny, I'd still go for this scenario as it would be the one that makes the chance of me getting one highest.

But I'm happy to be part of this plan too and the amounts I'll pay will stay the same. (€150,- for a 1GhZ unit , €50,- for a 600MhZ unit but it needs to be sent let's say before May 1st)

To be clear up front, I have been thinking about the time I'm putting in this with zero as result up till now. With the frustration of people coming in years after me and posting about how they love their Pandora and although I understand it and I'm happy for them, the point where I have to say this is getting silly I'm going to get involved in another gadget (no clue what Gadget as the Pandora is still unique in it's form for what I want) is rapidly coming closer. So I think that if there is no way for me to get it before Oktober or so (without paying much more then I did originally and thus buying 2,5 Pandoras to get 1) I'm not willing to pay anything extra anymore and will just see it when/if I see it.

This is probably the only online community I'm involved in where I can understand that the way other people percieve me is as a negative person and I was really hoping that by now I could have started to show other parts of my personality by being a contributing positive member with a Pandora. These are not economic times to be negative and apathic. In my offline life I've cut out all the whiners and have surrounded myself with positive forward looking people who are capable, and have proven that they can make shit happen and it's doing wonders for me business wise. It feels contra intuitive to have a hobby that consists of lot's of apathic waiting followed by outings of frustration. :rolleyes:

TL:DR: ED = Hero.

Timster, I feel your pain.

I think my client is having a good month, meaning I should have a good month.  If so, I will likely make a small contribution.  I wish it could be more but I DO have lots of priorities - number one being to save up enough to buy myself a house - before my mom's gets foreclosed on...so that she has a place to be!

What I mean is, I need to have enough available to make a decent-sized downpayment on said house.

Timster, I feel your pain.

I think my client is having a good month, meaning I should have a good month. If so, I will likely make a small contribution. I wish it could be more but I DO have lots of priorities - number one being to save up enough to buy myself a house - before my mom's gets foreclosed on...so that she has a place to be!

What I mean is, I need to have enough available to make a decent-sized downpayment on said house.
Of course you do!

And that's much more important than any gadget. :) You really shouldn't be making any contributions until you have primary things like that sorted. I appreciate the thought :wub: but if you have to decide between the two they are so far from each other in importance they are almost meeting on the other side.

Also I didn't say it so ED or anyone else starts scrambing to keep me aboard. If he had to do that for every seperate customer he'd be in the mental hospital long ago. I just reckon that if I think this way there are bound to be a couple of others thinking this way and he can use the information to take into consideration for the bigger picture. I don't suffer from marter syndrom ;)

Interesting idea Ed. Too much depends on Craig and the voluntary willingness of customers to pay more for my taste, but I surely hope to see the plan succeed.  

I feel that if ED manages to get a hold of the outstanding orders from Craig that his calming influence will make a big difference.

A lot of the refund requests will have been made as defiant gesture against Craig.

Knowing that ED is at the helm and that he will update them and be honest with his updates I think many will pay for an update or even cancel their refund request and wait for delivery of a Pandora.

[..]

Shouldn't forget this one. There still is Craig's ridiculous claim of a massive number of broken systems that got sent back by customers. Under no circumstances should ED take responsibility for that liability, be it real or fabricated. Continuing to try to support orginial preorderers, yes - but everything else needs to stay a problem of OP Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back