Shipping Date: Guessing Game

1000 before Christmas?

Do not be ignorant, have 15 days to Christmas!

Even if carcasses are saying, molds, casings, etc.

Ignorant of the lies, we must be realistic.

The Pandoras not end up in a few months to wait touches ...

Greetings.

barnesy said:
I see the guys at Babelfish still have some work to do!
ghehe, or google translator :p

Well if they ship some real pandora's today or tommorow, then i got hope the other 1000 will also ship this month.

offtopic: 1000's post, yay :)

Last edited by a moderator:
shipping before christmas? ha! that's not gonna happen. no way!
my prediction was 12th of january but now i think it will be more like march or so.

I predict late January, say 25th January 2010.

Let me be the pessimist.....

Most likely when MWeston gets the cases today and after assembly he will notice a problem with the "feel" of the system once assembled and handled. It may not be something disastrous but it would be something which would prevent them from being perfect e.g a sharp edge somewhere which would irritate the user when holding it. The team will then have an urgent meeting and decide they cannot go ahead with sending them out as final cases as it would negate all their efforts in wanting everything being perfect............ so 25th Januray 2010 it is then!

Hey! It won't affect me as I'm one of the last lot anyway, so I would rather they get delayed into the New Year. Perfect!

Tuxedomask29 said:
svs-57 said:
Optimistic 31th January 2009

Pessimistic never :(
I'm afraid your optimistic passed away nearly a year ago so I would say that's overly optimistic (LOL). Maybe you were going for 31st January 2010.
31th of January is my birthday. I believe in miracle. :)
May be I'm wrong in year.

so based on this: http://twitpic.com/svjm1

we can say those who said the 10th won? cause I said the 10th, my birthday, today! woot :p

Paradox said:
we can say those who said the 10th won? cause I said the 10th, my birthday, today! woot :p
Those are real Pandoras, but they aren't really real Pandoras; they're sample boards in sample cases being shipped to developers. Are they enough to say "The Pandora has Shipped!" or should we wait until the first one being made with an actual MP board in an MP case is shipped to a paying customer?

Hmmmm......I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. As the creator of this thread I would like to pull rank and say.......err.....I'm not sure if this counts or not.

I always thought of the winning date as the date at which a 'customer' recieved a pandora (the same pandora's as the rest of us will get)

Chris

DrCJBoduma said:
Hmmmm......I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. As the creator of this thread I would like to pull rank and say.......err.....I'm not sure if this counts or not.

I always thought of the winning date as the date at which a 'customer' recieved a pandora (the same pandora's as the rest of us will get)

Chris

Yeah same here. It doesn't count if it's not sent to a customer :p That doesn't include the press either! Pandora #106 should be the first real one sent to a customer? Or subtract 2 off that because of the 2 failed boards? :p

I still stand by my 22nd December date! Nobody else but me has claimed that one still wuhah :)

Yippee!

I knew there would be a few niggles to be sorted out and now Craigix is hoping for a further batch to be sent around the 17th. Based on past experience with the chinese factory that should mean at least double that so lets say 24th! Well if we're saying 24th might as well round it off to the 25th January, so my estimate is still good! :)

As previously stated the definition of shipping date here should mean when the units are finally shipped to customers in significant quantities and any units shipped to developers should not count as that is part of the development process.

It looks as if we should definitely miss the xmas shipping then!

PS I must say I'm very pleased with the look of the case as it does look very professional and I can't wait for the matte look! Just hope they get the "feel" just right.

DrCJBoduma said:
Just for fun (and to gauge peoples expectations) Have a guess of the date when the first complete Pandora is received by the paying public.

My Guess is...........7th January 2009

Closest wins (nothing)
<

the twelveteenth of pandebruary

DrCJBoduma said:
30th Nov - MonkeyChops

1st Dec - B-ZaR
7th Dec - El Jefe | DroneB Dev
8th Dec - Bosbeetle
9th Dec - WolfSpider | xweb
10th Dec - Lunatic | craigix | Paradox
12th Dec - Aninhumer
15th Dec - joshwaan2k | JayFoxRox
16th Dec - Wolfsclaw
17th Dec - DrCJBoduma | may88 | Xmoon
18th Dec - Tensuke | borgqueenx
21st Dec - NLS
22nd Dec - MDave
23rd Dec - puppydee | Tuxedomask29
24th Dec - Pleng
29th Dec - fischju2000 | kibos

1st Jan - Mr.Confuzed
7th Jan - krosfyah
8th Jan - fretfrenzy182
12th Jan - GuchaRU
15th Jan - RoboShmup
30th Jan - ZXC3CD

1st Feb - Transmition

11th Feb - john4p
19th Feb - wil hood
23rd Feb - hch

15th March - Miknal
21st Mar - Jan-Nik

1st April - RajTakhar
20th April - Rockthesmurf

1st May - sverm

Just remembered about this thread so thought I would update it.

DrCJBoduma said:
DrCJBoduma said:
30th Nov - MonkeyChops

1st Dec - B-ZaR
7th Dec - El Jefe | DroneB Dev
8th Dec - Bosbeetle
9th Dec - WolfSpider | xweb
10th Dec - Lunatic | craigix | Paradox
12th Dec - Aninhumer
15th Dec - joshwaan2k | JayFoxRox
16th Dec - Wolfsclaw
17th Dec - DrCJBoduma | may88 | Xmoon
18th Dec - Tensuke | borgqueenx
21st Dec - NLS
22nd Dec - MDave
23rd Dec - puppydee | Tuxedomask29
24th Dec - Pleng
29th Dec - fischju2000 | kibos

1st Jan - Mr.Confuzed
7th Jan - krosfyah
8th Jan - fretfrenzy182
12th Jan - GuchaRU
15th Jan - RoboShmup
30th Jan - ZXC3CD

1st Feb - Transmition

11th Feb - john4p
19th Feb - wil hood
23rd Feb - hch

15th March - Miknal
21st Mar - Jan-Nik

1st April - RajTakhar
20th April - Rockthesmurf

1st May - sverm

Just remembered about this thread so thought I would update it.

March 5th :)

May 17th, 2010. That's the day I will receive my Pandora. So, I predict that the first mass-production Pandora will ship about April 30.

Back