Shipping Date: Guessing Game

second exodous said:
When I get mine I need to show about 3 people I know and say either 'See, it's not vaporware' or 'The Pandora is not a scam just like I prophesied'.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to showing my colleagues that the thing really exists. Whenever that happens.

It's become a standing joke with them, but did set me up for this comeback last week: My girlfriend is dutch, and the dutch traditionally do Santa Claus type stuff on the 5th of December. Part of that tradition is giving chocolate letters representing the first letter of someone's name. So I'd ordered one each for her (Suzanne) and me (Dave). So when they turned up, my colleague said. 'Is that your Pandora?' like he always does. My reply: 'No, it's a DS'. Maybe you had to be there...

Last edited by a moderator:
YAHOO!!!
Seriously though, great work so far Craigix and co., I'm sure you'll shed a tear of joy when you first see one of your babies out in the wild. :)

craigix said:
Tracking reports delivery tomorrow. Mike is in central time, Canada, I think.

You know I'm not sure if they have the silk screening, I didn't ask mainly because I don't much care for it.

Yes these are final cases from the real moulds for final approval. They are waiting to do the run.

Great news Craig! I'm curious about the silk screen, was it in fact ordered for the 4000 cases ordered? Will it be included on the final mass production cases? I would guess that if it was placed for your order, that they would include it for these "final test cases", just so Michael could say yeah or nay on the final screening quality. I guess we'll all know more tommorow!

Jumpman

Esn said:
craigix said:
Does he still live in Toronto? Toronto is Eastern Time (−5 or -4 hrs GMT, depending on time of year).

IIRC, he's in GMT -6 (not accounting for DST), which is (as Craig correctly stated), Central time. If that's correct (which I'm quite sure about), it's 7:16pm for him right now (for people wondering what the time difference is).

SONY said:
borgqueenx said:
the pandora is shipping and you give a " :( " ???

Sorry, the sad face was actually meant for Tuxedomask29 because he cancelled his order.
Apologies for not quoting.
Thanks for the thoughts. I agree it is sad but I will enjoy watching the many to come youtube videos of the unboxing. :) It's an exciting time seeing everything getting finished up and finalized! The OP team have done a fantastic job on the layout and I do think this is going to be a rock steady product! Wishing the OP team nothing but great things, I have nothing bad to say about them. It's still hard to believe that a bunch of guys got together and was able to pull this off instead of a company with money to throw at it. And for their effort, I truly believe this is a much better design than the big names could have come up with.

Esn said:
craigix said:
Does he still live in Toronto? Toronto is Eastern Time (−5 or -4 hrs GMT, depending on time of year).
He hasn't lived in Toronto for as long as I've been aware of the Pandora project. I don't think, anyway. I think I remember him saying he lived Middleofnowhere, Saskatchewan (not really a location, but I forget exactly where, just that there weren't any major landmarks around it when I looked it up). Might even have been Manitoba: there's almost nothing in the entire province.

t76x1.jpg

hch said:
man, almost 1000 posts and still an uninitiated noob :)
I think you'll find that posting rate is roughly proportional to noobishness.

Mr.Confuzed said:
hch said:
man, almost 1000 posts and still an uninitiated noob :)
I think you'll find that posting rate is roughly proportional to noobishness.
you forgot to factor in the 4chan avatar coefficient

do we have a final silk screening yet? I remember a lot of debate about it in the last poll thread but I don't recall ever being told what the final silk screening would be, with the first batch stuff aswell.

also where does the silk screening get done, at the factory that does the cases?

Paradox said:
do we have a final silk screening yet? I remember a lot of debate about it in the last poll thread but I don't recall ever being told what the final silk screening would be, with the first batch stuff aswell.

also where does the silk screening get done, at the factory that does the cases?
Go one page back ;) craig doesnt know if it has silk screening.

borgqueenx said:
Paradox said:

Go one page back ;) craig doesnt know if it has silk screening.

that has nothing to do with what I asked at all, i'm talking about the silk screen design

Paradox said:
Except a sarcastic reply of Craig, there was no feedback from the devs. Good.

lets see. Its about 3:00 in canada now. Its 9:00 here. if DHL delivers, i guess it will be between 11:00 and 16:00.
So i hope i can have the pictures at about 0:00 tops.
Really cant wait! Will be waching this forum.

So its only the first 103 that are being shipped before Christmas now or have I read things wrong?

jonlad1 said:
So its only the first 103 that are being shipped before Christmas now or have I read things wrong?
the first 1000 will (hopefully) ship before christmas. The first 10 or so are maby shipped today, to developers, who are creating software for pandora.

Back