Shipping date?

I'm wondering when the Pandora team will finally be able to mass produce these babies through a manufacturer.

I won't be able to pick one up until then. Surely you guys can sign a deal with Foxconn, who pretty much manufactures every gaming system out there, right?

Ignore this post... fail

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering when the Pandora team will finally be able to mass produce these babies through a manufacturer.
Probably never. They're keeping costs low by assembling them themselves right now, and even if they were to go with someone, they don't have the funds to pay for mass production: that's why they took preorders. Mass production requires having the money for a large quantity and hoping that you can sell them later to recover your costs. They might outstrip demand in a couple of batches so they can start stockpiling to sell for immediate purchase, but you'd have to get Craig to give any kind of official answer.

v See sig v

I'm confident that I will *NOT* get my Pandora before xmas, before June even(6months after xmas), at ~800-1000 in the queue. I knew this when thinking about ordering, I knew this when ordering. And $400 is a LOT of money for me. It's all my personal spending money for the year. I can't get anything else fun. But I know when I get my hardware it's good for life. I still used a 386 PC running DOS (And then Linux, back when I didn't know much. It ran X!) for aages, when it was falling to bits i'd tape it up, eventually the power switch shat a mudbrick and so I had to touch contacts together to start the machine, but it connected to the net (28.8kbaud - FAST!). Now i'm using a machine I got from my uncle, used to be his gaming rig - pretty good. When he built it yeah. (I'm no speed demon - i'm a *real* programmer :) )

Doublebeta's guide to waiting - don't wait. Do something, occupy yourself. If you're at work, do your goddamn work instead of fussing over the Pandora. You'll get it and it will be awesome. If at home, take up programming, or play an instrument. If at school, break something (did you think I would tell you to study?).

Then again I never have to wait for my computer, and would hate to have to do so. Everything happens instantly and if it doesn't I make it so. At school it's ridiculous tho, the admins don't know where the power button is and stll think it all smells of roses. Programs are CONSTANTLY in disk sleep and all ~200 workstations are running virus scans on teh exact same part of a networked disk :\. I'm not joking. On top of that, they all run Windows. I'd say their servers are un/misconfigured and thus hyper-vulnerable too :\.

June's a bad estimate. Not divisable by Two(Months )

Back