2009 Year Of The Pandora

craigix said:
Those cases are already out of date, more are being sent tomorrow.
More changes were made without MWeston having them? And if so does this mean that we'll have to wait another week or so for him to receive & possibly hopefully greenlight them?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Were the cases flawed? If so, can we have more details, please :)

mali said:
craigix said:

Were the cases flawed? If so, can we have more details, please :)
+1 Why would this even be posted without an explanation? I don't get that. I say tweak it till it's ready, but that post was kinda lacking info.

I'm telling you, the cases shipping tommorow are the "Mass Production Cases"! And that's that! If they aren't final, I don't need to hear about! I just need to believe these are final, and will arrive in texas by the end of next week, and Pandora's start shipping the following week of january 11th! Mine arrives by the 18th. I can't/won't believe any other explanation! I might have a nervous breakdown if I hear anything but!

Chris

2008 was the year of the Pandora.

Looking forward to it coming despite any year though.

Zor Prime said:
2008 was the year of the Pandora.

Looking forward to it coming despite any year though.
I just want to get things straight here, there have been too many guesses and conjectures already. First, are we *sure* that the final cases are shipping now, or is that still a hope? Second, the next step is silk screening, right? Who does that, where do they do it, and how long is that projected to take? 3rd, are all of the boards fully "mass produced" already, and at the site of that Texas manufacturer who's supposed to assemble them? 4th, does that "Texas manufacturer" need to have their work scheduled? I mean, will they start the assembly just as soon as the cases arrive, or is there a latency of some kind there?

Lastly, it seems to me that the names of the companies we use are never really stated (outside, perhaps, the developers). It would seem to me that one very good incentive we would have (since there ARE engineers who read this) would be to make the track records (wrt the Pandora project) of the manufacturers public. Not to do it pejoratively, just report the dry facts, then we don't ever risk any lawsuits, and manufacturers would be more anxious to make sure that we are not ignored. I haven't any personal experience with manufacturing, but it seems like the company doing our cases has been a bit dilatory about things, right?

The year 2009 is not Pandora's friend.

We will see by 2010 if the launch takes a long time, some people will flinch.

Back