Shipping Date: Guessing Game

But it would be fantastic to have it before christmas.

My father wants to cancel the order because of delays :( :( :( :( :(

Vlynndar said:
wiimario said:
Try to ship it before the 2012. It would be funny to play with before the apocalypse :p :p

If they arrive ON the 21st, all those four-thousand people opening Pandora's Box will bring about the Apocalypse, fulfilling the prophecy (or just the end of an old calendar and the beginning of a new one).

You mean something like this? http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1082/pandora2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wiimario said:
Vlynndar said:
wiimario said:
Try to ship it before the 2012. It would be funny to play with before the apocalypse :p :p

If they arrive ON the 21st, all those four-thousand people opening Pandora's Box will bring about the Apocalypse, fulfilling the prophecy (or just the end of an old calendar and the beginning of a new one).

You mean something like this? http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1082/pandora2012.jpg

Yea, that comes close :lol:

craigix said:
I'm still pretty cool with the 10th for the first units (ie some of those 102).

I'm still cool with later in the month for the rest.
Confirmed:
There's more in the box of molded parts going to MWeston than just a test sample or two.
Like a box with 105 sets of case parts?
Otherwise, how could Craigix make a statement like this?

j.pickens said:
craigix said:

Confirmed:
There's more in the box of molded parts going to MWeston than just a test sample or two.

depends here since to me it's just another cryptic message. What does "some" mean? More than 1, so if they ship 2 of them then they have shipped "some". Shipping the rest later in the month most likely means most of 102, which will most likely goto press and developers.

relapse808 said:
depends here since to me it's just another cryptic message. What does "some" mean? More than 1, so if they ship 2 of them then they have shipped "some". Shipping the rest later in the month most likely means most of 102, which will most likely goto press and developers.
Not true, some means an unspecified amount. Only the first need be shipped. I could imagine that if the sample case checks out, then it could be sent as part of the first finished product.

relapse808 said:
j.pickens said:
craigix said:

Confirmed:

it also depends a lot on what 10th means :)

hch said:
relapse808 said:
j.pickens said:
craigix said:

Confirmed:

it also depends a lot on what 10th means :)

It means it's between the 9th and the 11th

craigix said:

Did one of the boards disintegrate or something? I thought there were 103... :huh:

Defo said:
Did one of the boards disintegrate or something? I thought there were 103... :huh:
There's probably at least one being used for other testing purposes.

So, to keep with Craig's Dec. 10th completion date (my conjectures):

1. MWeston receives box from China on Monday (Dec. 7th), and the box has "some" extra complete case part sets.

2. He checks the parts, and they are perfect, so he simultaneously:

2a. Emails China to produce the injection molded parts.
2b. Ships the "some" case sets to Texas, Fedex priority.

3. Assembler in Texas receives the parts on Tuesday (Dec. 8th)

4. Same day, starts assembling "some" of the first 105102 Pandoras.

5. Next day, the assembled "some" get qc checked, and overnight burn-in (Dec. 9th).

6. Finally, on Thursday, Dec. 10th, "some" Pandoras get shipped out.

No, I don't think that's going to happen, either...
(but it would have to for Craigix's post yesterday to be true)

svs-57 said:
Optimistic 31th January 2009

Pessimistic never :(
I'm afraid your optimistic passed away nearly a year ago so I would say that's overly optimistic (LOL). Maybe you were going for 31st January 2010.

borgqueenx said:
SONY said:
My guess:

100 people are going to have a PANDORA in their hands on or before the 24th of December 2009. B)
and 10.000 videos on december 25th :p
Well everyone just moved up one more place in line, I got my cancel acknowledgment in my email this morning as I didn't see any way that I would receive it by my drop dead date of 12/23/09 since I'm not in the 1000 range. I'll still continue to hang around on the boards as I think this is an excellent product and it will great to see it get launched and the community reaction. Wishing OP all the best for a successful launch!

Depending on DHL you might see some shipped tomorrow, but they are almost all going to the devs who have been helping us for the last year.

I'm aware some people don't think that's fair, but without those devs the Pandora would be a total mess.

craigix said:
Depending on DHL you might see some shipped tomorrow, but they are almost all going to the devs who have been helping us for the last year.

I'm aware some people don't think that's fair, but without those devs the Pandora would be a total mess.

so the 105 are being shipped tommorow? will we have pictures of the finished case then?

Back