Seems Gp2x Now Officially Available In The Uk

It's so weird reading the bloggers posting on the gamespot thread....they have actually never heard of the GP2X! :blink:

Talk about casual all the way.....I mean, if you are really a diehard handheld gamer, you are on the lookout for damn near anything that you can recharge or stick batteries into that might provide gaming on the go. :lol:

Knoxximus posted on May 18 2006 at 11:24 AM said:
It's so weird reading the bloggers posting on the gamespot thread....they have actually never heard of the GP2X! :blink:

Talk about casual all the way.....I mean, if you are really a diehard handheld gamer, you are on the lookout for damn near anything that you can recharge or stick batteries into that might provide gaming on the go. :lol:
EXACTLY.

That's how I came across the GP2X. My lovely Latina said she saw the "Brain Game" on TV and asked me to research it. I'd already read about it, but I didn't know that much about the Nintendo DS or Sony PSP, so I started researching the NDS, then the PSP, and then I thought "But, if I'm going to get a handheld, I'd have to want to use it too. I like modding things..."

So I looked up MODs. For NDS, most MODs seem to be for copying games :p

For PSP? Sony has declared open war against modders and is killing off the community that's not already hardcore :p

Then, on Wikipedia, while reading about the history of Handhelds, I come across the GP2X.

From there, I hit Craig's review.

That was it for me.

That said, even a lot of hardcore gamers don't know about the GP2X yet. My little Latin girl decided the Brain Game wasn't all that if it wasn't any use for youngsters, as she prefers reading and playing classical piano, so... GP2X with emulated games equals fun for dad & kids. She advised I get one, given the fact that the TCO is so low compared to most consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird, I can't even recall how I came across the GP32. Obviously I learned of the GP2X because of the GP32, but can't remember at all how I found the GP32!

PokeParadox posted on May 18 2006 at 02:00 PM said:
Secondly: The batteries that came with my first edition GP2X where some random brand I'd never heard of... it was unlikely they were going to last any amount of time in anything!
They seem to be doing fine in my clock :)

i really think you guys make too big a deal of peoples spelling. some of the people are yong some are dyslexic. you know what they mean most of the time anyway, i think its a little harsh to be snobish of spelling... and whats with all the elitist nes nus, so what if more people come in here....

air-can posted on May 18 2006 at 07:10 PM said:
It's weird, I can't even recall how I came across the GP32. Obviously I learned of the GP2X because of the GP32, but can't remember at all how I found the GP32!

Well, I came across it on Lik-sang's site just before release, and thought I'd keep an eye on it loosely. Then my GBC homebrew cart died, and I needed a replacement. At that stage a GBC emu existed for the 32... so I got one.

Haven't looked back :)

Hmm...
I dont think its good that it hit gamespot. Most companies will now know about it, and will start sending C&D letters.

yaustar posted on May 18 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
GPH don't develop the software for it. I can't see where the C & D will come from.
I was talking about to the devs.

PSyMastR posted on May 18 2006 at 05:45 PM said:
yaustar posted on May 18 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
GPH don't develop the software for it. I can't see where the C & D will come from.

/Shrug

I don't care, they can kill GBA and PS1 emulation, anything older should be okay, you can't claim Nintendo is making profits off of SNES games still.

I think the original titles are just fine, besides, they can't stop you from running your own program or emulator.

Not to mention the Mediaplayer, web browser, and TXT/PDF reader, they can't do a thing about that.

Edit, I forgot why I posted to start with:

http://www.insertcredit.com/
It's being put out by GP32/2x Distribution ltd., which is a newly formed company (I believe!)

I couldn't figure out what "GP32/2x Distribution ltd." was, then I saw the link to: http://gp2x.co.uk/

So now it is Gbax.co.uk, gp2x.co.uk and Craigix's store and GP32/2x Distribution ltd. I am so confused, at least I know how to click order on the site when I have the money for one.

nubie posted on May 19 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
you can't claim Nintendo is making profits off of SNES games still.

They may with the Wii.

gaterooze posted on May 18 2006 at 06:04 PM said:

They may with the Wii.

True, I didn't mean any profits, but with GBA they could really come down hard, I mean they still have the DS able to actually plug in the games.

PSyMastR posted on May 18 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
I would be surprised with all the PC emulators out there that are still going. Also the PSP is a much higher profile console and I don't think there has been any stories of C&D. (barring the Halo Mod/Remake for Iris)

nubie posted on May 18 2006 at 09:55 PM said:
gaterooze posted on May 18 2006 at 06:04 PM said:

They may with the Wii.

True, I didn't mean any profits, but with GBA they could really come down hard, I mean they still have the DS able to actually plug in the games.
They still have the GBA and GBA:SP and GBA:M able to actually plug in the games. :p

yaustar posted on May 19 2006 at 01:57 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on May 18 2006 at 01:45 PM said:
I would be surprised with all the PC emulators out there that are still going. Also the PSP is a much higher profile console and I don't think there has been any stories of C&D. (barring the Halo Mod/Remake for Iris)

Yeah if they were to stop GPH from selling the GP2X because it ran emulators they would also have to stop PCs, PDAs, Cellphones, PSP, from being sold too.

Back