Gp2x Chief Craig Rothwell's "cunning Plan"

fightingdreamer88

Still Fresh
Gamespot has an interesting news story about the GP2X, in which Craig Rothwell (a big-wig) is revealed to have a cunning plan to make the GP2X "easily upgradeable with plans to do so at some point in the future" :blink:

Was this misinterpreted and just idle talk about firmware updates or are we looking at something hardware-related here? Very interesting, check the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159783.html

That is old and really really inaccurate (they phoned me up, asked a couple of questions then turned it into that page).

Also the person who spoke to me didn't seem to really know anything about the gp2x or the history of handhelds/computers. Oh well.

we can't expect anything mate ;-) Craig sells the gp2x, but he doesn't produce them... I think hardware modding is the only upgrade we will see.

You'll get a whole new system when Craigix finds one decent enough to sell :) (like the gp2x replacing the gp32 for example).

So yes, you could "expect", but no one can even guess at a date. Not even the man himself (unless he knows something we don't of course!)

shinneri said:
I would be disappointed if GP2X got replaced any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
i killed my nintendo-ds just because slim-ds was sales-ready
then i bought a gp2x .. i would be very very disappointed if GP2X got replaced any time soon

ps.
nds was also killed due lack of homebrew ..

Hey look on the bright side, at least we know Craig's surname now :D

Now all we need is a photo of him! *stalk*

Craig's evil genius pose:

bb4zh6.jpg

Back